Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Arwen the Cat Reviews Kemet

Hi. It’s me. Arwen the cat. I was an Egyptian goddess in a previous life. Take my word on this.

My humans got this from a marketplace auction for 1000 GeekGold several months ago. GeekGold, hah. That sounds like the perfect name for the currency you board gamer losers barter in.

Concept – All right, this is my kind of game. Players take on the roll of Egyptian gods striving for dominance of the land of Kemet (which translates literally to “The Land of Cats” – look it up if you don’t believe me). One of the personas players can assume is that of Bastet, the Cat Goddess. She always wins. Because I say she does.

(There she is in all her cat goddess glory: Bastet the Beautiful!)

Components – My humans have a bunch of these Matagot games. They have amazing components and Kemet is no different. The individual troop pieces for one god are even differentiated from those of the other gods. Bastet’s troops have long claws for weapons. How cute is that? The box is nice and roomy, too.

(Onward, Bastet soldiers!)

Gameplay – Through a nifty pyramid-shaped action-selection board, players deploy and move their troops, level up their pyramids, gain new god powers, engage in battles, and increase their love of cats. All of these things have the potential to ultimately contribute to the gaining of victory points, which can even be stolen by one play from another. Don’t steal from Bastet, though. Her cat legions will consume your soul if you try. Just don’t even think about it. We’re watching you.

(Fall before the might of Bastet, blue guys!)

Fun Factor – This game is awesome. It’s so much fun to see players and their troops cower and beg for mercy before the armies of Bastet. Foolish humans. Cats have no mercy. You can only accept your subservience to us and glory in your place beneath our paws.

(I make my bed upon the corpses of the vanquished.)

Replay Value – My humans have yet to meet anyone they’ve introduced this game to that has not loved it. The human male says “that the endless combinations of god powers alone make this a game worth returning to time and time again.” My favorite goddess power is when I win. And I always win. That’s a good reason to keep playing too. Even simply falling before the might and glory of Bastet is reason enough to play. You humans should be thankful for the mere honor of losing to her.

(Look at these monsters Bastet commands. Give in now. You cannot stand before us.)

Human Rating – The humans say that the customization options delivered from the god tiles, combined with a fast-pace of brutal and bloody game-play, results in an excellent 9/10.

Cat Rating – This time, the humans don’t go far enough. I rate this game a perfect 10/10. It’s an ideal cat game.

That’s all that needs to be said about Bastet – I mean Kemet. Arwen out.

(Have you heard about the good word of Bastet?)
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scholtanus
Netherlands
Beek (gem Montferland)
flag msg tools
I am (probably) buying this game tomorrow. Do I get the cat with it?

:3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello kitty, you are a kitty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My cat friend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want your cat.
The game looks interesting.
That being said, I want your cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best review ever.

And you cat is wonderful! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.