4 Posts

Thunderstone Advance: Numenera» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beanstalk setting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lonewolf
France
flag msg tools
Anyone can explain me the Beanstalk setting effect when it says ability or effect remains activated until the next roll...

An example please ?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) At the start of the game before the first player takes a turn roll the die. Do what the roll says. If the roll is 17 through 20 this creates an ongoing effect/ability for all players that they have until the next time a roll is called for.
2) If the active player has a hand that has a monster present in it, at the end of his/her turn, roll again. Do whatever the roll, says, ending whatever ability/effect was in effect (if anything) previously.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Aylward
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
what's cool about the Beanstalk is how it speeds up the game. The Thunderstone Bearer is going to arrive much faster than in a normal game! This creates some cool tension. TA is always a race against time to see who can grab the best resources the quickest, but with the game ending a lot faster thanks to the Beanstalk, that changes the focus to getting in the dungeon and scoring the most victory points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My question about this setting is - Does "once only" mean once each time that number is rolled or once per game. I believe that it is once per roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.