Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they finally got some in and they're 19% off. I can get 20% at my FLGS so I'll just support them instead. Be aware that all the retailers including those on-line should be getting in a hefty load of this game in the next week or so. CSI just seems to be capitalizing on the early frenzy that it's back in stock. There's nothing wrong with that but you probably won't need to panic shop for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Robinson Crusoe in at CSI - NOT A HOT DEAL, just a so-so one
Not QUITE gone in sixty seconds...but close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep; gone like the wind. Caverna in stock again though. If only paypal would make my &#*@$# funds available from the games I sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I find it hilarious. No doubt a hot mover! I'm truly impressed at how may folks want this given how many copies were out there to begin with. Hopefully this time they gaged the market and printed enough but of course those are going out through distributors and they're providing the attempted minimums to all their customers (FLGS's) as well as online retailers.

Oh yeah, they also jacked the price on it to full retail now that it's out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
It took closer to two hours to sell out.

And all games are listed at msrp at cool stuff when they're sold out. You can't pre-order it or anything, so they didn't jack any prices up.

I still think it's a hot commodity, considering how hard it is to get. Miniature Market already sold through their stock a few days ago!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy for 30% off at my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
I picked up a copy for 30% off at my FLGS.

I'm so jealous that you guys can get good deals at your FLGS. Mine doesn't give any discount on games. It's why I spend most of my money online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
Hopefully this time they gaged the market and printed enough .

Going by the case numbering it looks like the current print run is just over 1600 copies - I don't think that was enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's back...for $89.99: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/183523

No thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm VERY curious how much the 1 per person limit is about making sure there's enough to go around and how much is about keeping anyone from doing the "put 1000 in my cart to see how many they have" thing. I find it hard to believe Z-Man wouldn't have printed enough to go around for awhile after the insane level of interest in the 1st printing.

Edit to clarify my point: If in fact they have 1000 copies or something like that, people might not be so eager to jump at paying MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$89.99 is higher than MSRP ($79.99). There's definitely a premium here. But hey, I don't blame them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tobyjason wrote:
I'm VERY curious how much the 1 per person limit is about making sure there's enough to go around and how much is about keeping anyone from doing the "put 1000 in my cart to see how many they have" thing. I find it hard to believe Z-Man wouldn't have printed enough to go around for awhile after the insane level of interest in the 1st printing.

Edit to clarify my point: If in fact they have 1000 copies or something like that, people might not be so eager to jump at paying MSRP.

You can still put in 1000 to your cart to see how many they have! Right now they have 34.

I bet they bought them somewhere else to sell, like they did when the Tie Interceptors for the X-Wing game were hard to find. Probably bought out the stock of smaller companies and are charging more to sell 'em out. it is a bit shady and underhanded, but I guess they have the right to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahhhhhahhggghhh please make my funds available paypal, pleeaaassssseee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Casillo
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will wait this one out as long as necessary to avoid paying that premium. That said, I have a preorder with Games Surplus that I'm hoping is filled soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.