Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Morrison
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Hey everyone,

I just joined BGG and my spouse and I, who are both in our early thirties, are hoping to find a gaming group in Victoria to meet with every week or two to play board games. I am also joining the meetup.com gaming group in the city, but I'd really like to have my own small circle of gaming friends that I meet with regularly to play games. I've added most of the games we own to my collection but we are interested in playing lots of other games. We are especially interested in playing through co-op adventures.

Cheers,
-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given your collection so far, I would check out the Boardgames at QVs meetup on monday nights, they are euro-centric to my knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
As Geoff mentioned, I myself have met people through the Meetup.com group and at Interactivity. Interactivity Board Game Cafe has drop-in gaming Thursdays and Sundays which may suit your tastes.

If you're not an expert gamer (and I don't consider myself one, either), I will suggest mentioning some games you want to play and then find people to meet you at QV's on Monday or at Interactivity at any time. You may want to mention them in this thread, even.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Morrison
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks to you and Geoff both for your replies. I am definitely going to be going to QV's game night, and I am probably going to go to Interactivity as well. QV seems like it has a pretty good turnout every week. Does Interactivity also have a lot of people show up for gaming?

My only concern with both of these venues is that the players seem to favour games that play over a relatively short time period. I am really hoping to play longer thematic games like Robinson Crusoe, Eldritch Horror, Arkham horror, or maybe Desecent with a group of people who are up for a longer gaming experience. Do long games like that tend to show up at QV or Interactivity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you like long and heavy thematic games... check out my fiancee's board game collection.

Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

she has all of our games listed in her collection. We tend to favor heavy theme games. Her and several of our friends all enjoy Euro games, so those tend to hit the table when we get our big board game days going.

some of our favorites that hit the table very frequently are the following

Twilight Imperium
BSG
Spartacus

the first two are easily our top two played games ever... and spartacus is quickly coming up to be our third most played board game. They have more of an ameritrash feel to them, but are heavy on theme.

if you're interested in doing any gaming feel free to give us a shout on the geek and we'll get some introductions into our gaming circle.

I've been to Jack's Interactivity board game cafe only twice (i know shame on me) and both times it was packed. Granted the second time was during the day of gaming event, but still they have awesome table space, and i'm familiar with some of the crew from the old interactivity game days when we partook in those.

anyhow, i'm at work, so i should keep this brief...

if you have any questions or what have you feel free to ask! and welcome to the geek!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Morrison
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
That is a nice collection of games. I can see from your logged number of plays that you really like BSG. I have heard nothing but good things about it. We've just never had enough people together to play it.

I'll be contacting you about playing some games for sure. I saw that Robinson Crusoe was on your finance's wish list. Once my partner and I have the rules figured out, it would be great to get a four player game of that going if you are both interested.

Thanks for welcoming me to the BGG also. It seems like a great community so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Ward
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say at QV's shorter games are definitely the norm. At Interactivity the gaming is pretty much wide open. My wife and I were playing Nations a couple weeks ago and the table beside us broke out Hungry Hippos. Lol

Darin and Adria are great people to game with although getting Darin to play a Euro is always a challenge and never quiet ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Devlieger
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in Co-op games I have a few in my collection. Let me know if you are interested in trying some out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Morrison
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Richard,

We would definitely be up for trying different co-op games some time. I only looked through your collection quickly, but there were lots of games that I am interested in. Red November and Zombiecide caught my eye but there were many other games too. You can message me, or I can message you and we'll see if our schedules line up. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
And The American Way..... Even Though I'm Canadian....
badge
SUPERMAN!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My fiance and I like to play games together and I have a small group of friends that get together fairly regularly to play games as well. We could all meetup at interactivity sometime to play something. or you can check my collection out and see if there is anything you would want to play with us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Morrison
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
adamhess89 wrote:
My fiance and I like to play games together and I have a small group of friends that get together fairly regularly to play games as well. We could all meetup at interactivity sometime to play something. or you can check my collection out and see if there is anything you would want to play with us.

Hi Adam,
Meeting to play at Interactivity sometime would be great. We are there quite often since we only live about a block away from the cafe. I'll go through your collection a bit more carefully and send you a message. Thanks for posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
damon carron
Canada
victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Hey i know i got in late to this one.. I am looking for people to play with our little group of 3. we need more. we have lots of games, Lots of games, just no one to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Morrison
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

Thanks for writing. It's never too late. We're always looking for new players. I'll you a private message to your geek mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.