Popular Tags: [View All]
Ting Zhou
United States
Rowland Heights
CA - California
flag msg tools
mb
I wonder if all the followings are true:
1. Whenever we use cards to make a purchase in village, those cards are not used and can be destroyed by village effect.
2. A card with light value in dungeon offers light automatically and the card is not used, so it can be destroy by dungeon effect.
3. Battle and aftermath effect can destroy cards no matter if those cards are used or not.
4. Its mandatory to add all gold values of cards before making a purchase.
5. TSA is a competetion game between players rather than a solo game against the system itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rockpaper Scissors
United States
flag msg tools
1. Yes--however, all village abilities must be applied *before* a purchase is made. You cannot, therefore, use a card's gold value to buy something *and* destroy it on the same turn.
2. Yes.
3. Yes again.
4. Yes--though I've never seen a situation where it mattered. Why do you ask?
5. It can be played both ways, but it wasn't designed as a solo game and unless I'm wrong most people prefer to play it with multiple players. How have you been playing it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Zhou
United States
Rowland Heights
CA - California
flag msg tools
mb
Rockpaper wrote:
1. Yes--however, all village abilities must be applied *before* a purchase is made. You cannot, therefore, use a card's gold value to buy something *and* destroy it on the same turn.
2. Yes.
3. Yes again.
4. Yes--though I've never seen a situation where it mattered. Why do you ask?
5. It can be played both ways, but it wasn't designed as a solo game and unless I'm wrong most people prefer to play it with multiple players. How have you been playing it?

4.A hero in the latest expansion has -1 gold value.
5. Solo game is not fun, whenever you go the the village, a monster escapes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Alabaster Smitty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4) The point of that hero is to force you to consider this negative aspect.

5) It's fine if you don't like the mechanic and TSA is not primarily meant to be played solo, but the mechanic makes sense. It requires you to decide which monsters are worth trying to defeat since each monster you defeat goes into your deck, which is exactly how the mechanic works in multiplayer and the classic Thunderstone game. The difference is that the monster movement simulates other players defeating monsters because obviously there are no other players. I'm not sure how you would propose a solo mechanic otherwise in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way to make the solo game fun is a variant proffered by someone here on BGG; use a d12 and a d4, and roll them both after you've taken your turn.

The d4 is the dummy player's light value, and the d12 is the attack value. Using the values rolled, remove the monster from dungeon with the highest VP value and put it in the dummy player's stack. Then refill the dungeon as normal.

This way, you play to beat the other player's VP stack at the end, and don't have to play against the neverending cascade of monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.