Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a forum for the iOS version. I found a website that details the version but it doesn't have a forum.

Issue I am having is three games have frozen on either my turn or an opponents and the ones on my turn are just hung up on an attack with nothing I can do? This is the patched version.

Tmo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Cornett
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I had the same issue as you're having, but I've been able to fix my game from "freezing" by going into the menu (the " or pause button on the left side) then going to the main menu. Once I'm at the main menu, there's an option to 'Resume' your current game. Each time I've done this, when I get back into the game I'm shown a prompt for culling dice or some other game function that the game seemed to "freeze" on.

I'm using an iPad Air and playing only offline games so far. I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't work for an online game unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a bug, Quarriors! online is async, so players can take their turns days apart, including having to log on to make a decision on your turn. It's not a well implemented system considering Quarriors! mechanics and the game should have been either in real time, or optimized to automatically decide many of the small decisions that really don't require players to log on to select.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirenx wrote:
It's not a bug, Quarriors! online is async, so players can take their turns days apart, including having to log on to make a decision on your turn. It's not a well implemented system considering Quarriors! mechanics and the game should have been either in real time, or optimized to automatically decide many of the small decisions that really don't require players to log on to select.

Yes I know this and agree. The problem I am having is two online games are stuck on my turns even though I took the actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
Kirenx wrote:

Yes I know this and agree. The problem I am having is two online games are stuck on my turns even though I took the actions.

Ah, my mistake then. I had at first thought a match I played was frozen because the game paused on my turn and it turned out it was waiting for the other player to make some pointless decision they had no choice but to make. I started 5 games when I first got Quarriors! IOS, two forfeited and the other three never moved past the third turn. Fortunately I enjoy the single player as a quick time waster, but the async multiplayer is so broken it hardly seems worth having. Hopefully they fix it when they release the first expansion, but with no boards of any kind, you do have to wonder how much feedback they are getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirenx wrote:
T-Mo wrote:
Kirenx wrote:

Ah, my mistake then. I had at first thought a match I played was frozen because the game paused on my turn and it turned out it was waiting for the other player to make some pointless decision they had no choice but to make. I started 5 games when I first got Quarriors! IOS, two forfeited and the other three never moved past the third turn. Fortunately I enjoy the single player as a quick time waster, but the async multiplayer is so broken it hardly seems worth having. Hopefully they fix it when they release the first expansion, but with no boards of any kind, you do have to wonder how much feedback they are getting.

I've had better luck but it does seem about 50% of games die on the vine either through bugs or player resignation/non-moves. I won't even attempt 3 or 4 player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:

I've had better luck but it does seem about 50% of games die on the vine either through bugs or player resignation/non-moves. I won't even attempt 3 or 4 player

That's why I only play with friends. They won't abandon the game for that reason, though they may not want to play it.

It does bring things to a screeching halt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So good news (hopefully), Icarus has posted on their FB page suggesting that an announcement, possibly about an expansion and fixes are coming next week: https://www.facebook.com/MFVGames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Browne
United Kingdom
Ely
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The IOS version seems very easy, 1 player against 3 AI's..

Reading the boeard game threads, it seems there are various levels of play and culling options.

I can only see the basic game setup on IOS, and I probably win 8 out of 10 games without having to think too much.

Against the AI's, am I missing something perhaps an option toplay at a harder level? Or is this coming in a future expansion?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris_ely wrote:
The IOS version seems very easy, 1 player against 3 AI's..

Reading the boeard game threads, it seems there are various levels of play and culling options.

I can only see the basic game setup on IOS, and I probably win 8 out of 10 games without having to think too much.

Against the AI's, am I missing something perhaps an option toplay at a harder level? Or is this coming in a future expansion?

Chris

The next expansion/patch apparently will introduce AI difficulty settings. Until then, I would stick to versus 2 AI opponents. The way the game works, 3 really dumb AI tend to cripple each other more than the human player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot get the AI to even work. Selecting AI for the opponent(s) still has me playing for all players. (If I had a pass and play opponent I would not need the AI opponents).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.