Hide
11 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do you have to show your allien card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeckyll hyde
msg tools
Hello, i'm a rookie in this game and i don't know do you have to show your allien card after you shuffled two of your flare cards into the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends if you are re playing hidden powers or not. For the normal rules the alien race of each player is known.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rules state you put it face up on he table in front of you. So IIRC then yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
My group always plays with hidden powers. You reveal your power when you are forced to use your power or when you decide to use your "May use" power.
This variant makes for really fun interactions when you realize, too late, that your opponent has the upper hand, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for a standard game yes you reveal your power after everyone has selected

P.S.: Standard rules are better than the hidden powers variant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
I believe the rules state you put it face up on he table in front of you.

They should, but they actually don't. It's a gap in the rules, which is probably why the OP asked the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeckyll hyde
msg tools
Ty for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
jeckyll1 wrote:
Hello, i'm a rookie in this game and i don't know do you have to show your allien card after you shuffled two of your flare cards into the deck.

We start by having each player read their Alien powers aloud. Anything else prevents the amazing player interaction that makes this game so exceptional!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well one of our players tries to wait and see what everyone else picks before he chooses to get possible advantages in winning. So, what we do now is choose in secret and once everyone has put their choice facedown (much like an encounter) we reveal our powers laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
the_shadow447 wrote:
Well one of our players tries to wait and see what everyone else picks before he chooses to get possible advantages in winning. So, what we do now is choose in secret and once everyone has put their choice facedown (much like an encounter) we reveal our powers laugh

Absolutely! We deal 2 to each player who then decides which to keep secretly. Only then are all choices revealed and made public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
If I play a double power game, I'll deal three powers to each player. The players discard face down what they don't use, then after each has chosen they reveal their choices. Then we repeat the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.