Subject: Benefits on later cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question, if I may?

Am I correct in thinking that cards in the for sale 'row' NEVER activate immediately upon purchase?
For instance, if a 10vip card is bought, 10 VIPs aren't awarded immediately?

It is my understanding that all purchased cards go into the clipboard area. However I saw a thread just now which said that the Doctorate cards once bought can have their effect applied immediately by being played in the game area.

I can see pros/cons either way. For instance if no immediate effect (like Dominion) then it makes buying cards in the last round or two a bit pointless if you already have a freshly shuffled deck to get through.

Thanks peeps
Damon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Doctorate cards are special in that they have their effect immediately and are then removed from the game when they are bought. All other cards have to be played out of your hand in order to have their effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super - thanks for this.
Best wishes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrwendal wrote:
A quick question, if I may?

Am I correct in thinking that cards in the for sale 'row' NEVER activate immediately upon purchase?
For instance, if a 10vip card is bought, 10 VIPs aren't awarded immediately?

It is my understanding that all purchased cards go into the clipboard area. However I saw a thread just now which said that the Doctorate cards once bought can have their effect applied immediately by being played in the game area.

I can see pros/cons either way. For instance if no immediate effect (like Dominion) then it makes buying cards in the last round or two a bit pointless if you already have a freshly shuffled deck to get through.

Thanks peeps
Damon

The answer to your question is in the Glossary, far right column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.