Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have 2 heroes in a showdown. One gets knocked out. Can I move their items/allies/elder from them to the remaining hero after they've both had a round with the villain?

I can see them dropping to the ground where the second hero could pick up their saber from their cold dead hands. I would imagine the elder would continue fighting as well.

or do they all magically poof back to town center, elder and all?

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exchanging Items/Allies is an Action, can't do that in the middle of a Showdown. Other option is:

"At the start of each Showdown Fight Round
(including the first), Heroes present may regroup by
exchanging Items and Allies as well as switching the
assignment of Town Elders/Militia in the Hunting
Party" (p. 21)

But in your example, one character is KOd, all his items and allies are discarded before you get to the next Showdown Fight Round start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:

But in your example, one character is KOd, all his items and allies are discarded before you get to the next Showdown Fight Round start.

Why are ALL of his items discarded? You'd roll 1d6 and lose that many investigation and/or items.

The big problem is that once a character is KO'd he and all his toys are out of play until he re-enters the game.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, just been the case for us that KO = everything gone as only a few items/allies on hand and investigation has been spent on said items/allies + Lair card blush .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I figured. And the elder assigned to him goes back to his home again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kerskine wrote:
That's what I figured. And the elder assigned to him goes back to his home again?

Elders in a Hunting Party with a Hero "Return to Town" when the Hero is KO'ed or the Showdown is Cancelled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kerskine wrote:
So I have 2 heroes in a showdown. One gets knocked out. Can I move their items/allies/elder from them to the remaining hero after they've both had a round with the villain?

When a Hero that has a Town Elder assigned to him in a Showdown gets KO'd the Town Elder remains until the start of the next Showdown Fight Round. At that time the remaining Heroes can re-assign Town Elders. In your example, with only one Hero remaining, a choice has to be made which Town Elder to send back, and which to keep in the Showdown (if any). If there were enough Heroes remaining in the Showdown both Town Elders could be (re-)assigned and stay in the fight.

Each Hero may have only one Town Elder or one Militia with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Potter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
When a Hero that has a Town Elder assigned to him in a Showdown gets KO'd the Town Elder remains until the start of the next Showdown Fight Round.

I can't seem to find anything to confirm this statement. Was it in an FAQ or quote somewhere? I've always played that you lose any Elder that was with a KOd hero. The team loses everything else related to the Hero after all. It's one of the risks in assignment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarrierPotter wrote:
Quote:
When a Hero that has a Town Elder assigned to him in a Showdown gets KO'd the Town Elder remains until the start of the next Showdown Fight Round.

I can't seem to find anything to confirm this statement. Was it in an FAQ or quote somewhere? I've always played that you lose any Elder that was with a KOd hero. The team loses everything else related to the Hero after all. It's one of the risks in assignment.

Hmm...I thought it was something I just "knew", but now that I look I can't find a reference to it either. I think they are kind of like a Militia though, which if not used, can be reassigned at the beginning of the next fight round. By default I don't see it addressed in the rule book and I don't see the thematic sense that the Elder goes away just because the Hero that he is fighting along side is KO'd. The Elder would still be part of the party and finishing the round so to speak. How does the Elder suddenly fall out of the Hunting Party if he's still alive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I asked the question originally. It made more thematic sense to me that he'd keep fighting and join another hero if there was room. After all he already threw in his lot with the heroes and went against the evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kerskine wrote:
That's why I asked the question originally. It made more thematic sense to me that he'd keep fighting and join another hero if there was room. After all he already threw in his lot with the heroes and went against the evil.

I agree with this...and it's the way we've been playing by default. There is nothing in the rules that I can find that says the Elder is out of the Hunting Party because the Hero he was assigned to is KO'd. We treat them the same as a Militia in the same situation.

I guess until (if ever) we have an official ruling everyone will have to play it the way they will. I like to follow what makes thematic/cimematic sense in these cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Potter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Technically I agree there's nothing specifically saying to eliminate the Elder. Thematically, it makes sense to me - just picture them helping the KOd Hero back to safety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha - Yes, or he rolls his eyes at the ineptitude, grabs the Hero's sword or pistol as the case may be, shoves the carcass out of the way and squares off at the Villain once again, while looking for a new Hero partner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my take

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Potter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Absolutely. I think thematically, it can work either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volkan Kara
msg tools
Had the same Problem tonight, fought with 3 heroes, after 2 got killed i rolled a d6 for the ko´d heroes and the rest of the items i had assigned to the one hero left. ( anyway a loss cry , but a thrilling one cool )

Is it now okay, to take some items (town elder) from ko´d heroes ? Thematically it would make sense anyway. Any official answer?

Btw, The Coast so hard to beat, and SW hard,too, but TC is brutal ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.