Popular Tags: [View All]
Goldfinger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Any one else suffer from GOTTS or am I alone in the Guilt Over Top Ten Selection universe? It starts harmless enough...at first. I get a new game, and if it hits the mark with our family, I add it to my top ten list. But, this means that another favourite game is pushed out ... only to be placed back on the list the next day, after I am consumed by guilt. How can I treat a game that brought us so much joy over the years so badly? Tossed like some worn out sock. What kind of monster am I? shake So...I bump another game from the list instead...and reverse my decision again the following day. Again, the guilt. Then come the cold sweats in the middle of the night. I even tried keeping the bumped games on my night table for comfort but this got me in hot water with my wife. She said the Princes of Florence could stay but Nefertiti and Cleopatra had to go

If you do have a top ten list I am interested to know how much time and effort you put into the decision to add or remove game from your list and how you go about making the tough decision when two games are soooo close. Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to worry about this more than I do now. Now I just acknowledge that if I push something off it is because I'm playing the other game/games more than those. They will probably be back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bondgoldfinger wrote:

If you do have a top ten list I am interested to know how much time and effort you put into the decision to add or remove game from your list and how you go about making the tough decision when two games are soooo close. Thanks in advance.

I think this is why I don't have a top 10 list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A top ten list for gamers is like asking a parent "Which of your kids do you love the most?".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aren't you glad I'm not the pied piper?
badge
I should be able to get a good grip on my Elephant when it arrives!
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to start a bottom 10 list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I make a list and disregard what other people think or how its a reflection of who I am.

At the end of the day, I play boardgames and sometimes make lists.

my number 1 is Kingsburg!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to have about 7-8 games on my top ten list. There are too many contenders for those last few spots, so rather than play favorites, I just stop adding when I get to a clear gap between games I LOVE and those that I almost love.

EDIT: It helps that I have unusual tastes, so I probably LOVE a lower percentage of games than most BGGers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a top list for games I have played, games that are new to me, games based on number of plays, rating, and times played each given different weights, and for my wishlist, which gets changed often. Needless to say I'm not too attached to any game being ranked anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my top ten is relatively stable because I consider "best in class" more than "desire to play".

That said, my hot ten is extremely volatile...or it would be if i updated it with any regularity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.