Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing tomorrow night and was considering mixing Season 1, 2 and Toxic city Mall zombie cards into a into a single deck. Anyone give this a try or is it simply impossible to play this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I do that all the time. I keep all Decks and the Dogs in one big Deck. Works fine for me.

So, go ahead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randomnickname wrote:
I do that all the time. I keep all Decks and the Dogs in one big Deck. Works fine for me.

So, go ahead!

Assuming you won this way, which is what I'm hoping to hear....it's winnable. I'm tired of having everything separated and would prefer to just jumble up all the equipment and zombie cards foe more diverse play each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the full zombie deck always...all eight sets of cards.
I really like the unpredictability of the big deck.
If you are not using: toxics/berserkers/dogs...just flip another card when they come up.

The item deck...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have all the zombie cards together as well as all of the items cards. Is definitely winnable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the follow-up everyone. Will just throw everything into 2 big piles and give it a go tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my deck has 1 set of S1/PO/TCM/walkofdead2 cards.
on top of that I have 2 sets each of the berserker/toxic and dogz BOZ cards.
this way toxics and berserkers have a nice chance of spawning, otherwise its mostly standard zombies that you get.
I dropped the walk of dead 1 cards as there's enough walkers already and too few fatties/runners that spawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with the cards all mixed, too - it's hardly different from playing with one set only, because you would recycle the cards when you got to the end - so having twice as many cards means you do that less often. We have only just put the box of Zombies cards in, and I notice there are more extra activations in BoZ 2. That mean 6 possible extra walker actions and 3 of each of the others. But the deck has well over 100 cards in in, so if there weren't the extra extra activation cards (see what I did there?) it would reduce the chances of them turning up.

We put in toxics, berserkers and dogs as we wish. Not every game has them, so we keep lots of variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll remember this thread when I buy PO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even know there were people that DIDN'T mix them together. I just assumed that's how it was done. I bought both expansions, played with Toxic City the first time last night. We decided we'd play with only toxic city, but still mix in the Prison Break heroes & cards. Worked just fine (whenever a brown zombie card came up, we just treated it as normal).

Oh, and we won...6p on the first Toxic City map. In fact, only two of us even took wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mixed the item decks together, the zombie decks I kept separate and add the TCM zombie deck hen playing with toxic zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep all my decks separate ones and only use the ones appropriate for the scenarios I'm playing. A lot of the S2 weapons are pretty overpowered if you play just with S12 stuff for example. Eventually I will try out some of the original missions with newer zombie types and will then mix in the appropriate weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mixed all the seasons/expansions cards together... makes the zombie deck far more challenging. I also mixed all the gear cards together as it makes the game more fair (season 2 gear makes the game too easy, but mixed with season 1 makes the game a blast!)

The only time I break the decks down is if a specific scenario asks for specific gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
I m using all cards (S1,PO,TCM,WotD1/2,TC,AC) but removed #1-#12 and all blue zero cards from #12 to #24 of Season 1.
Gives a good mix of all zombie types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.