Subject: lets see if i can call it again like i did last time. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the last hero is LUKE CAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or VENOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so people have the link handy:

What we know thread

I'm not even going to try to presume the last one, but Werewolf by Night, Morbius, or Madame Web would be cool with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm calling Madame Webb.

Her precognitive powers imply a deck manipulation mechanic which is a nice counter to Feast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
But when has Madame Webb ever fought anyone? I have only ever read about her helping Spider-man not fighting against villains like carnage.

I do agree her deck manipulation would be good against Feast but thematically why would she be a hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
But when has Madame Webb ever fought anyone? I have only ever read about her helping Spider-man not fighting against villains like carnage.

I do agree her deck manipulation would be good against Feast but thematically why would she be a hero?

Just because she hasn't punched anyone in the face doesn't mean she isn't a hero. That's like saying 911 dispatchers aren't heroes because they don't fight fires or perform CPR at the scene. There are a lot of heroes who don't do much direct fighting, and her abilities and limitations allow her to help another Hero.

To paraphrase Einstein, “Everybody is a hero. But if you judge a hero by his or her ability to punch a villain in the face, they will live their whole life believing that they aren't a hero."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
I am wondering how they would incorporate her abilities into this game? She would be a hero that does not recruit or have fight. To me it seems she would just be a deck manipulator like she manipulates Spider-man. She doesnt seem to thematically fight or recruit in the comics. She would be a whole new class of hero on her own.

To me she seems to be more of a bystander than a hero in this game.

Let's throw this out there. How would you create Madam Webb as a hero? What would her four cards be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Why are we assuming the Madame Web in the game would not be Carpenter? She's a fine hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
I am wondering how they would incorporate her abilities into this game? She would be a hero that does not recruit or have fight. To me it seems she would just be a deck manipulator like she manipulates Spider-man. She doesnt seem to thematically fight or recruit in the comics. She would be a whole new class of hero on her own.

To me she seems to be more of a bystander than a hero in this game.

Let's throw this out there. How would you create Madam Webb as a hero? What would her four cards be?

Not biting. I have plenty of ideas about it, but suffice it to say I don't believe you can have your mind changed, and I dislike confrontation for confrontation's sake. You've represented a very shallow one dimensional view of Madame Web. I know that if I can think of how to implement her, Devin and the team definitely can. I'll wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge Accepted!

"All of This Has Happened Before"
Madame Web
Instinct
Cost 2

Place a card from your discard pile on top of you deck.

---

"All of This Will Happen Again"
Madame Web
Covert
Cost 3

Search your deck for any one card, shuffle your deck, then place it on top of your deck.

---

"Peer Beyond the Veil"
Madame Web
Instinct
Cost 5

Recruit 2
Focus 2 -> Look at the top of card of your deck, discard it or put it back.

(I don't see why Madam Web can't have recruit - in both the 90's Spider-Man TAS and in Shattered Dimensions, Madam Web gathers heroes around her for certain tasks. She also participated in a storyline called "The Gathering of 5")
---

"Tug the Strings of Fate"
Madame Web
Instinct
Cost 7

Recruit 4
Discard the top 3 cards of your deck, then place any 3 cards from your discard pile on top of your deck in any order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Challenge completed.

I like it. Good work. You have proved me wrong. Madame Webb could be a formidable hero. I like the use of recruit to use focus ability. That is smart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Lister
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see Cloak & Dagger.

More realistically, I'd expect someone like Firestar or maybe Luke Cage (which would be most welcome, he seems like one of the most obvious 'missing' characters so far, I was very surprised he wasn't in Dark City, seemed like an obvious choice).

Scarlet Spider would not surprise me in the slightest and would be rather cool (especially given the name of the set). So would Spidey 2099, though I think this is less likely (not impossible, given his significant presence in recent videogames).

Venom would be great, but not sure how this would mesh with him being in the villains deck already. Maybe use Anti-Venom? Seems a bit obscure though, so far all the playable characters have been relatively well-known to my way of thinking, which is why I'd go with either Firestar or Luke Cage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
San Gabriel Valley Southern California
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I throw in Flash Thompson as Agent Venom as the fifth character. Since I just started reading the comics Venom 2011

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm holding out hope for either Luke Cage or Cloak & Dagger, but I'm still thinking there will be two versions of Spider-Man, one in the symbiote costume and another in his classic red-and-blue costume (the latter as shown on the cover).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.