Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an event tells me to put the hungry animals die on the weather space, and the weather icons on the turn track also tell me to roll the hungry animals die (like in the last 6 turns of Castaways), do I roll it twice or once? Likewise, if I hVe the ? Symbol marker on the exploration deck, for example, and I use one action, do I reveal two exploration cards or one?

Also, when i make a spear, do I physicslly move the weapon level up 3? Is that a one-time thing? If my weapon level drops to zero, what happens to the spear? Can I make multiple spears somehow?

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You roll the die once and you only draw one card.

When you build the spear, you physically move the weapon level. It's a one-time effect. If your weapon level returns to 0, nothing happens to the spear. You can't build it again (unless you have to flip it on the invention side).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things to keep in mind:

1. Some scenarios make you roll the Animal die more than once (#7, Expansion). There has been no official answer yet how to treat additional Animal die "additions" in these scenarios (do they result in additional rolls, or are they - as usual - ignored?)...

2. If a card effect makes you turn an item back to the invention side, and you choose the Spear, you will have to decrease the Weapon Level by 3 (or to zero, if your WL is 3 or lower).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Seidel
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concerning 2.:

Does the rule of "unfulfilled demand" trigger in this case?
I guess so, just reconfirming...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
That is where the "if possible" comes in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
No.
That is where the "if possible" comes in...

'if possible' in this case means that you have to reduce weapon level by as much as you can (up to three for the spear). rather than the sometimes touted "i have a weapon level of one, so i cannot reduce by three so i ignore it"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I might have been unclear in my wording.

What I meant was that the rules of "if possible" apply, too - anything that is not possible (say, reducing by 3 when WL is 2), means that you make the steps possible (reduce to 0), but the steps that are not possible are ignored without penalty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Yeah, I might have been unclear in my wording.

What I meant was that the rules of "if possible" apply, too - anything that is not possible (say, reducing by 3 when WL is 2), means that you make the steps possible (reduce to 0), but the steps that are not possible are ignored without penalty...

yeah, this is an important distinction from some game system where 'if possible' means you do nothing at all if you cannot do all of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.