Popular Tags: [View All]
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title states. I recently picked up 2 core sets and am currently learning the rules. So my collection so far consists of only 2 X-Wings and 4 Tie Fighters.

I know different cards have different numbers so I'm trying to find a good squad point number to play with for what little miniatures I have so far. I know 100 is the standard, but I don't have that many figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about the same thing. We played a 50-point game, and it worked quite well. You can use either 3 or 4 TIE-fighters, depending on what kind or squadron you are putting together. 50 points forces to compromise a lot, you practically fly naked if you want to have 4 TIEs, so I think 60 points would be a better limit for two core sets.

Or for example 64 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to do some basic flying, i'd say 50. If you want missiles and pilot abilities, go for 60. 60's probably normal-ish. Of course, with only 2 core sets, you can max everyone out and still be pretty balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies guys. 60 points it is then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pick out whatever pilots and upgrades you want for the rebel side, total it up then have the empire pick what they want to match the total. It can be done the other way but it's a little harder for the rebels to match the empire because the ships are a little more expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Pserious
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!
badge
I dislike the Canadiens. (The hockey team, that is, not people from Canada in general.)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same situation. I picked 62 points, as the rules recommend a 31 point game for one core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.