Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugues Lamy
Canada
La Prairie
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ideas for an intel overflow variant. We played with 4 players last night, and even if we failed to stop Lobo, (Pierre kicked our a** 3 times) it was a lot of fun to play. But the general consensus was that intel overflow rule was just too random. Before we can position ourselves to get to an intel, they were already gone. The end of turn event was not enough to keep a balance on the board as we always put more tokens than we removed and cause intel overflow too often to our taste.

I was thinking about something along the line of aging the intel. That make sense as the track grow cold than disappear. So my general idea was to put an intel with a small dice on it. Then age the dice, but I'm not sure what was the expected decay ratio from the designer. How to have about the same removal rate as designed without having the intel jump in a total random fashion. Any ideas about what could be a correct decay factor/mechanic ?

I like the game, and I don't mind random events, but I also like when I can have a bit of control on my luck. That is why I hate the probed by alien card so much.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.