Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of buying this game, mainly to play it solo. I haven't played a game in the COIN series yet.

How would you rate your solo experience? Do you recommend it? What are the positives and negatives about it?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rhind
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Must. Stop. Buying. Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yannick,

I am also looking into this game as my first foray into COIN. I have been told that CL is the most accessible probably due to the map being so small. Fire in the Lake is supposed to be the next level but not released yet. Andean Abyss comes in third although out of print. And the most difficult would be ADP. That's my understanding. I almost bought CL from Coolstuffinc but by the time the item hit my cart it was sold out. Grrr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yigit Yurt
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Yannick,

I just finished my first solo CL game and after finish i came here for a-few question about rules and saw your question. anyway...

I played with M-26-7 with "win". Short word: Great Fun! and i would definitely recommend it. My personal rating is 8 for solo, 9 for 4 player.

I played for two days into short segments. I guess play time is about 120-150 minute total once you got the game-flow. If you don't have a time like that you can "save" your game at propaganda round as i did.(or whenever you want)

Instead of positives and negatives i want to use numbers for my first and only solo experiece. (10 is best)

Game Time - 8
Mechanic - 8
AI - 7
Difficulty - 5
Theme - 10
Rulebook - 7
Playbook - 8
Non-Player Foldout - 4
Graphic Design - 8
Cover Art - 8

i guess the whole series when completed this one i mean CL will be the star of the series.

i hope this help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Riediger
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Alex crossing the Jaxartes... tricky endeavour.
mbmbmbmbmb
To my mind, CL is the most suitable game out of the COIN series to be played solo. The handling of the non-player factions is for some reasons much easier (and faster) than in the other games of this series. I enjoy it pretty much, although I rarely find the time to play it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys for your feedback. Very helpful, and confirms my feelings about the game. Will likely get it in 2014 then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.