Popular Tags: [View All]
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's time to name it and claim it. I was totally wrong last year, but that won't stop me from trying again this year. Here are my predictions:

Wild card weekend:
Bengals over Chargers
Colts over Chiefs
Saints over Eagles
49ers over Packers

Divisional Round:
Broncos over Colts
Bengals over Patriots
Seahawks over Saints
Panthers over 49ers

Conference Championships
Bengals over Broncos
Seahawks over Panthers

Super Bowl
Bengals over Seahawks

Poll
Who will win the Super Bowl?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Broncos
30.6% 15
Patriots
8.2% 4
Bengals
10.2% 5
Colts
0.0% 0
Chiefs
6.1% 3
Chargers
0.0% 0
Seahawks
26.5% 13
Panthers
2.0% 1
Eagles
0.0% 0
Packers
6.1% 3
49ers
8.2% 4
Saints
2.0% 1
Voters 49
This poll is now closed.   49 answers
Poll created by Leezer
Closes: Sat Jan 4, 2014 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Larkin
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearing in mind that seeding seems to mean less now than ever before...

And that I see the Bengals in particular as a team that can lose the wildcard game 31-3 or go on another run of 40-10 victories...

Wildcard Round:
Philadelphia 34, New Orleans 24- Vaccaro-less Saint D cannot keep pace with Eagle offense
San Francisco 19, Green Bay 16- SF running game pounds the GB def line
Kansas City 23, Indianapolis 6- Indy run game never gets started, KC efficient running and short passing game keeps Indy def on its heels
Cincinnati 31, San Diego 28- SD 4th quarter drive ends in an INT

Divisional Round:
San Francisco 17, Seattle 13- Sea OL struggles cause problems for Lynch and Wilson; SF TDs come on long, slow 80-yard drives
Philadelphia 21, Carolina 19- Car def is hard to run on, but Foles and Jackson exploit Car secondary; Newton lacks weapons to counter
Denver 38, Kansas City 21- KC is not built to keep up with Denver's fast-break offense
Cincinnati 35, New England 17- pass rush flusters Brady into an inaccurate day

Conference Championships:
San Francisco 23, Philadelphia 13- SF LBs keep McCoy from any big gains, Foles throws as many picks as he did all season
Cincinnati 28, Denver 27- Denver fails to convert on 4th down in potential game-winning drive

Super Bowl:
For the 3rd time...
San Francisco 24, Cincinnati 7 behind 4 Dalton INTs

I could also see both of these teams losing in the wildcard round. NFL playoffs are turning more and more into a roll of the dice, it feels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild card weekend:
Bengals over Chargers
Colts over Chiefs
Eagles over Saints
49ers over Packers

Divisional Round:
Broncos over Colts
Patriots over Bengals
Seahawks over 49ers
Panthers over Eagles

Conference Championships
Patriots over Broncos
Panthers over Seahawks

Super Bowl
Panthers over Patriots

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bengals over Chargers
Chiefs over Colts
Eagles over Saints
49ers over Packers

Broncos over Chiefs
Patriots over Bengals
Seahawks over 49ers
Panthers over Eagles

Broncos over Patriots
Seahawks over Panthers

Broncos over Seahawks

Predicting the rare 1v1 matchup

Closest to toss-ups are the Pats/Broncos (if the Pats win, the Seahawks win the Super Bowl) and Eagles/Panthers (but either one still loses to Seattle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:
Super Bowl
Panthers over Patriots

cry

I like the way you think. GO PANTHERS! But here's how I see it going:

WILD CARD
Chargers over Bungles
Chiefs over Colts
Eagles over Saints
49ers over Packers

DIVISIONAL
Broncos over Chargers
Patriots over Chiefs
Seahawks over 49ers
Panthers over Eagles

CONFERENCE
Broncos over Patriots
Seahawks over Panthers

SUPER BOWL
Seahawks over Broncos

Of course, I'm usually wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are going to be a lot of disappointments when Green Bay beats SF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go with the trendy pick of the Seahawks, even though their lack of offense over the past few weeks is disturbing. But their defense just seems too good, they (usually) have a strong running game, and Wilson's athleticism should get them out of tight spots. If Denver gets to the big game (and they should), I'll be rooting for them, but the predicted frigid weather will work against them (more bad luck for Peyton, that the NFL chose this year to play the Super Bowl in New Jersey).

Hopefully, we'll actually see some quality play (as opposed to sloppy, but exciting games). There's been precious little of that in recent weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild Card Weekend
Kansas City @ Indianapolis - The Chiefs are 1-5 versus teams with winning records. Soon will be 1-6. Colts
New Orleans @ Philadelphia - Philly has gelled with Nick Foles as their qb, and the Saints' road woes are well documented. Eagles
San Diego @ Cincinnati - It's going to come down to which Andy Dalton shows up to play. I'm guessing the one that has control issues. Chargers
San Francisco @ Green Bay - If Aaron Rodgers gets pressured early, the possibility of him aggravating his shoulder injury becomes a factor. The Niners have the tools to do just that. 49ers

Divisional Playoffs
San Francisco @ Seattle - These two have gone to war twice already this season. Who wins the rubber match? Seahawks
Indianapolis @ New England - Will Andrew Luck be in form? Might the week off wind up hurting the Pats and their depleted offense? I'm smelling upset. Colts
Philadelphia @ Carolina - Will this be Cam Newton's coming out party in the NFL? Can Chip Kelly's team stay hot? Panthers
San Diego @ Denver - In the 2 regular season matchups, the visiting team won in each case. Can Wes Welker returning offset the loss of Von Miller? I think the weather will determine the winner Chargers

Conference Championships
San Diego @ Indianapolis - Two similar teams, but I think it'll come down to home cooking. Colts
Carolina @ Seattle - With a defense every bit as fierce as the Seahawks, the Panthers won't surprise Russell Wilson. But they will contain him. I just don't think it will be enough. Seahawks

Super Bowl XLVIII
Indianapolis vs. Seattle - I don't think the Colts will have enough to keep up with the high octane offense from Seattle. Seahawks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild Card Weekend
Colts over Chiefs
Saints over Eagles
Bengals over Chargers
49ers over Packers

Divisional Championships
Seahawks over Saints
Patriots over Bengals
49ers over Panthers
Broncos over Colts

Conference Championships
Patriots over Broncos
Seahawks over 49ers

Super Bowl XLVIII
Patriots over Seahawks

(If Bill Simmons can pull the reverse-jinx, so can I.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
There are going to be a lot of disappointments when Green Bay beats SF.

In Wisconsin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild Card Weekend
49ers over Packers
Eagles over Saints
Chiefs over Colts
Bengals over Chargers

Divisional Championships
49ers over Seahawks
Panthers over Eagles
Patriots over Bengals
Broncos over Chiefs

Conference Championships
Broncos over Patriots
49ers over Panthers

Super Bowl XLVIII
Broncos over 49ers

Manning wins his second ring.

Patriots are well coached as always but just to many holes in the team. Belichick should get consideration for coach of the year.

Seahawks are the only team other than the 49ers and Broncos I see as a serious contender. The problem with the Seahawks is the offense and playoff experience.

Best dark horse are the Chiefs who have the advantage of being healthier than most of the other teams plus they effectively had a bye week resting all of their starters week 17. That gave their reserves a chance to sharpen themselves in a game and the starters an extra week of rest. That's why I gave them the nod over the Colts. The problem still is the road to the Superbowl goes through Manning and the high altitude of Denver. They were 0-2 against the Broncos in two well played games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bengals over Chargers.
Colts over Chiefs.
Eagles over Saints.
49ers over Packers.

Broncos over Colts.
Patriots over Bengals.
Panthers over Eagles.
Seahawks over 49ers.

Broncos over Patriots.
Seahawks over Panthers.

Broncos over Seahawks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

Best dark horse are the Chiefs who have the advantage of being healthier than most of the other teams plus they effectively had a bye week resting all of their starters week 17. That gave their reserves a chance to sharpen themselves in a game and the starters an extra week of rest. That's why I gave them the nod over the Colts. The problem still is the road to the Superbowl goes through Manning and the high altitude of Denver. They were 0-2 against the Broncos in two well played games.

Yep, as a Kansas boy, I'll be cheering for the Chiefs, but my daddy once told me - cheer with your heart, but bet with your head... I can see the Chiefs winning despite being 2 1/2 point underdogs vs. the Colts, but I think Manning and his Broncos would have to help us quite a bit to get a win in Denver. Against someone else, or Manning in a rough stretch, I'd harbor hope - but the way Manning's playing right now it's hard to imagine him throwing us a couple of picks, or getting careless in the post season. He's playing like he has something to prove - and maybe he does, coming back off the surgeries.

Either way, as a fan of the game, it looks like we've got some entertaining matchups for the post season. I'm looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Octopus
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
"...that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the the field of battle - victorious."
mbmbmbmbmb
Bengals over Chargers - Rivers will be under siege all day, and Dalton's interceptions won't be enough to give the Bolts a chance
Colts over Chiefs - I don't see how the the Chiefs have a chance with their defense being so bad and their offense having no deep threat
Eagles over Saints - I'm counting on the Saints' offense being out of sync again on the road, and the Eagles will cause them problems with the speed offense
Packers over 49ers - Very interesting so see if Capers can contain the option running game this time, because I'm certain the Niners will bring it out again (why not?), but you can throw on the Niners and in the end the double check guy will torch'em

Broncos over Colts - This'll be a shootout, and I think the home team will score more
Patriots over Bengals - Brady won't be limited to field goals after the Bengals receivers fail to bat down Dalton's ridiculous interceptions
Packers over Seahawks - Because Wilson and Lynch aren't playing on a very high level I smell an upset here
Eagles over Panthers - The game will be out of hand in the 4th, so Cam's heroics won't be enough

Patriots over Broncos - Peyton Manning will fumble a punt return, drop two critical passes in the 4th quarter, take a poor angle on a deep pass and mistime his jump to allow a 70 yard TD, and finally he will miss a 36 yard field goal in overtime, yep why can't everyone see he is still a choker
Eagles over Packers - Packers will abandon the run game in the 2nd quarter, after which Rodgers will be sacked 4 times, and Dom Capers will be fired after the Green Bay defense allows 51 points

Patriots over Eagles - The Igles will go up by 3 TDs, but after an onside kick Brady will throw the winner with less than 10 seconds left to end one of the greatest Super Bowls of all time

I listen and watch so much analysis and speculation sometimes I wonder if there's any point in playing the games because I already know how they are going to end And yet there are upsets every week, go figure. I love this sport!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild Card:
Eagles over Saints
Niners over Packers
Bengals over Chargers
Colts over Chiefs

Divisional Round:
Pats over Bengals
Broncos over Colts
Panthers over Eagles
Niners over Seahawks

Conference Championships:
Broncos over Pats
Niners over Panthers

Super Bowl
Niners over Broncos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Prediction Standings

After that wild KC/Indy game:

1-0
Leezer
Spielfreak
J.L.Robert
Coyotek4
Heliconia
magicoctopus
joeklecko

0-1
klarkinhistrep
Octavian
asutbone
mrbeankc

However, I'm the only person who predicted either team to advance beyond next weekend, so no long-term damage done to anyone's predictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Un.
Freakin.
Believable.

well, grats to the Colts for not giving up and hanging tough. That was hard to watch, though, despite being an interesting game.

If you'll excuse me, I think I'll go see if that bottle of whiskey is still in the closet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Prediction Standings

After Saturday:

2-0
Leezer
Coyotek4

1-1
Spielfreak
J.L.Robert
Heliconia
magicoctopus (plus 1 loss in Divisional Round)
joeklecko

0-2
klarkinhistrep (plus 1 loss in Divisional Round)
Octavian
asutbone
mrbeankc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hey, thanks for compiling these stats so I don't have to!

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the fact you are winning yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to switch back to (Royals) blue baseball caps except for the Chiefs' now annoyingly late first round pick on draft day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe me, I would much rather be 0-2 after yesterday.

Saddened for the Eagles' loss, but their future (in a still-paltry division: two straight years with no 2nd round representation) looks bright.

I'm sure Chiefs fans feel a helluva lot worse today. Still, I believe they're in good hands ... even with a coach who blew all their 2nd half timeouts before the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
frumpish wrote:
Leezer, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the fact you are winning yet.

What happens in the endurance thread, stays in the endurance thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's going to be a bunch of 0-3 after the Packers take care of the 49ers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Larkin
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
There's going to be a bunch of 0-3 after the Packers take care of the 49ers.

No one will be 0-3 at that time, unless SD-Cin goes to about 12 overtimes.

I am about to go 0-3 with my AFC conference champions going out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.