Subject: United Force 100pt Wackiness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Jacobs
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I was pondering my OP5 list, especially since it's not as easy as just cloak up and beat face (and that's a good thing!) I've been dying to use Khan for a while now, but just haven't found the right build, but I think I may have stumbled upon something so silly it just might work.

Pure ship build, with an eye especially towards opposing the 2 ship builds that have started becoming popular. D7 tries to survive long enough to get within Range 2, drops projected stasis field, the other two ships gang up on the shieldless opponent, hopefully dropping it. Get closer, hit another ship with energy dissipator, getting up to 5 dice from flagship and Martok's action, with battle stations and hopefully target lock to assist).

If the dice favor the bold, then at that point, it should be all but over..well, one way or the other, I think.

Koranak
-Independent Flagship (Romulan flip side)
- Khan Singh (Reliant version)
-Energy Dissipator
-Cloaking Device

Negh'Var
- Martok (9 pt version)

D7
-Klingon Captain
-Projected Stasis Field

-United Force Admiral's Orders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you put an Independent Flagship resource on a ship of anygiven faction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jacobs
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:
Can you put an Independent Flagship resource on a ship of anygiven faction?

Indeed! And according to the FAQ, the result is a dual-faction ship, able to use both Independent and original faction captains/upgrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Quote:
Koranak (26)
-Independent Flagship (Romulan flip side) (10)
- Khan Singh (Reliant version) (5)
-Energy Dissipator (10)
-Cloaking Device (4)

Negh'Var (30)
- Martok (9 pt version) (6)

Gr'oth (18) (was D7)
-Klingon Captain (0)
-Projected Stasis Field (5)

-United Force Admiral's Orders (0, but allows for 110pt build)

First, the D7 doesn't have a Tech upgrade slot to equip Projected Statis Field. I changed the ship to the Gr'oth.

Then, I added numbers above to your build. I think you are at 114, which is four points over. Did you remember that Energy Dissipator is +5 for non-Breen ships? Otherwise it's a good idea in theory.

I would try replacing the Negh'Var with a cheaper ship. The un-named Vor'Cha class vessel is 26 points. That would make your squadron work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.