Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots and lots of war.............
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer this history video...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
TommyP wrote:

The second half is more like a history of the US -- didn't see much else from the WW2 part on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
Not just history of the world, but the first thing that came to my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Harasimowicz
Germany
Hilden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something->something->evolution->ancient history->BAM!->Renaissance->US history...
Medieval...? About 1000 years of history...? Anybody...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too wondered what happened to the Middle Ages. And I'm not convinced that in the grand scheme of things five hundred years from now people will view the history of the USA as all that important or exciting (even assuming no massive reboot of civilization from catastrophe or from sheer exhaustion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
I too wondered what happened to the Middle Ages. And I'm not convinced that in the grand scheme of things five hundred years from now people will view the history of the USA as all that important or exciting (even assuming no massive reboot of civilization from catastrophe or from sheer exhaustion).

Just as a quick perspective: in order for the US to be compared to the Roman Empire, it would have to last and continue to dominate the Western Hemisphere until the year 3000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
I prefer this history video...

It took me years before I was able to parse "Dien Bien Phu falls" in that song. I knew what it was -- I just didn't hear it right. (I've always been susceptible to Mondesgreens -- one of the more notorious is on the Elton John song "The One", where I consistently heard one of the lyrics as "For each man in his time is Cain".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
I'm not convinced that in the grand scheme of things five hundred years from now people will view the history of the USA as all that important or exciting

Well, we *did* invent nuclear weapons. And land a number of men on the moon.

That - if nothing else - will cement a national legacy (for better or worse) in human history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.