Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Sawatzky
Canada
Randolph
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of weeks ago I tried putting together a deck around core Aragorn. I wanted to try and take advantage of his ability and use him for more phases. However I gave myself the limitation that Aragorn was going to be the only character in my deck. The Lone Ranger!

I happily started pulling out all of the attachments and events one could ever want. I was using 3 of the spheres because of Celebrian's Stone and Ring of Barahir (no tactics because I didn't want to use a song).

I ran into a few problems early on because I was very dependant on a great starting hand. I then tried starting with just Celebrian's Stone already attached. Things were not going good for the Lone Ranger.

I then tried giving Aragorn all of the unique "Aragorn" attachments to start the game. The stone, the ring, and the sword. After numerous games (most ending fairly quickly) I gave up.

Please help me try to make the Lone Ranger dream come true (or tell me to just move on). I should note that I only tried this deck out on Passage Through Mirkwood and that I have all the expansions except for the latest 3 AP's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out deck #10

http://talesfromthecards.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/vote-now-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
I don't think the deck is there yet, but I really hope that at some point it will be capable of challenging the Hunt for Gollum cycle solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawatzky
Canada
Randolph
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I thought I was being so clever...the only problem with that deck is that I was hoping to build one with no allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
That would be ideal, but again, the card pool is just not there yet. (And by the time it is, everyone else will be playing Nightmare.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.