Bill Sacks
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Alleys rules wrote:
Snuggly Sickie: Each disease need assigned to Snuggly Sickie is automatically satisfied. He can’t get sick from them. However, if you don’t assign him at least one disease need, then check for sickness as though he were a normal pet with 1 disease need.

Experimental Cage: ... cancels out 1 disease need ...

What happens if Snuggly Sickie is in the Experimental Cage, in these two situations; both assume that the Experimental Cage is in its default configuration, where it cancels out 1 disease need:

(1) If you don't assign any disease needs to Snuggly Sickie.

At first, from a literal reading of the rules, I thought the Experimental Cage would prevent Snuggly Sickie from getting sick in this case (he ends up with the equivalent of 1 disease need, which is canceled out by the Experimental Cage).

But upon further reflection, partly based on what seems more thematic, I'm thinking that the Experimental Cage would not help in this case, and you would still treat Snuggly Sickie like a normal pet with 1 disease need.

(2) If you assign a single disease need card to Snuggly Sickie.

My feeling is that the Experimental Cage would cancel out this disease need card. Thus, it's like you assigned 0 disease need cards to Snuggly Sickie, meaning you have to evaluate him like a normal pet with 1 disease need.

Thus, for both #1 and #2, my current thinking is that you do NOT want to put Snuggly Sickie in the Experimental Cage, at least in its standard configuration.

Is this the correct interpretation?

Incidentally, both Snuggly Sickie and the Experimental Cage seem like great ways to satisfy the Lich Lord: now a pet can have lots of disease needs without getting sick. I'm looking forward to trying this out, although I'll admit that I'm a bit concerned that whoever can satisfy the Lich Lord in this way will be a runaway victor. (In our games with the base game, the Lich Lord and Farmer Troll were generally the highest-scoring customers... this pet and cage seem to have the potential to make the Lich Lord even more lucrative.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that this is ambiguous.

I also agree with the thematic interpretation of: you do not want to put Snuggly Sickie into the Experimental Cage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would say Snuggly Sickie's ability kicks in before the cage does so he counts as having a sickness applied to him.

If you don't apply one to him then the cage kicks in, satisfying the other sickness need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
I would say Snuggly Sickie's ability kicks in before the cage does so he counts as having a sickness applied to him.

If you don't apply one to him then the cage kicks in, satisfying the other sickness need.

This is how I played it as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.