Popular Tags: [View All]
John Lapham
United States
Glenview
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played the game for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a very worthy offshoot of the PoG branch of the CDG tree. The playbook deserves special mention. Here's what the 56-page black and white booklet delivers: 7 pages of optional rules, 6 pages of scenario setup rules, 11 pages of examples of play, 6 pages of advice for novice players, a 10-page history of the war with maps, and 15 pages of historical notes on the cards. This last item is truly remarkable and adds a great deal of historical flavor to the play of the game. All of this content is well-written and translated, nicely edited, and thoroughly proofed. Kudos to all who participated in the process. For me, this sort of playbook adds a lot of value to a game, and I'd love to see more publishers invest in content-rich playbooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

Thank you so much for your comment. I dedicated many, many hours of study and work to the Playbook, trying to make it both useful and interesting. I give a lot of importance to the historical aspect when I play a wargame, and that is why I wanted to include complete historical information in Crusade and Revolution.

Thanks for playing and I expect that you will enjoy the game.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lafe wrote:
I just played the game for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a very worthy offshoot of the PoG branch of the CDG tree. The playbook deserves special mention. Here's what the 56-page black and white booklet delivers: 7 pages of optional rules, 6 pages of scenario setup rules, 11 pages of examples of play, 6 pages of advice for novice players, a 10-page history of the war with maps, and 15 pages of historical notes on the cards. This last item is truly remarkable and adds a great deal of historical flavor to the play of the game. All of this content is well-written and translated, nicely edited, and thoroughly proofed. Kudos to all who participated in the process. For me, this sort of playbook adds a lot of value to a game, and I'd love to see more publishers invest in content-rich playbooks.

Well said! It is an excellent publication for an excellent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also very much agree that this is one of the best rulebooks - it is easy to read and very comprehensive. It really makes one want to research to find out more about this tragic war!

My only qualm is that the rulebook in the game box is in black and white. However, when going online, there is an identical version of the rulebook in full vibrant color. I can't help but believe that opening up the box and seeing the colorized version would have added quite a "wow" factor to the overall contents within the game box! Aside from that, it's evident that a lot of thought and effort went into designing and publishing this fine game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nando Ferrari
Italy
Verona
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree. It is one of the best Playbook of the last years. I tried the game only once solitaire (just to explain the rules to my usual opponents in a short time): very interesting. The only complaints are for the map colors: pink and light blue... I don't like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.