BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Own columns / advanced filters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: one_more_box [+] [View All]
Fru Tova
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I miss a lot is a way to filter games in list suitable for eg a specific number of players (as ofters too suggested) but also my own idea of groups, like I have a bunch of old games which I do not in general want in a list of eg unplayed games.

So, I suggest that I should be able to add own boolean fields to a game for flags only visible for me. This might not be technically possible?

If not, could you expand the filter options?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It just occurred to me that there would be a slick way to do this. Add four columns for "Tag" and four tag filters. You could then select what tag you want in that column. Filter on Yes/No/Either for tag filter. So you could set to see games that have tag, that don't have tag, or "either" to see status of tag for a list of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can add your own tags to games (in the Tags section of the game page). If a single tag is multiple words, use an underscore or something to separate the words - otherwise the system treats each word as a separate tag.

Then, from My Geek > Tags you can see a list of all tags you've added. Clicking a tag lists all items you've tagged with it (which could include threads, images etc., not just games).

If you have tagged items with multiple tags, you'll also see a 'Related Tags' section. You can either click the plus sign next to the related tag to filter for both tags, or click the 2nd tag to just filter for that one.

So for example, you could tag a game with both "unplayed" and "6-player", and then filter for it (and QuickBar the link for easy access later).

For similar suggestions on custom tickboxes in your collection, see these earlier threads:

01/01 13-08-09 Personalized Filtering in Collection via 3 or 4 custom check boxes (by feldmafx)
04/17 30-01-10 Custom Flags for Games? (by JYoder)
05/03 21-05-12 User-defined checkboxes (by mlanza)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fru Tova
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a well hidden but good feature. Thank you.

Would have been neat if it could be used as a filter in the collection view though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.