Lorentz Teigen
Norway
South Trøndelag (close to Trondheim)
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In Scenario 8 me and a friend is getting overun in turn while trying to defend it with the germans.

First try: i wipe the germans that is spread out and it is a easy win.
Second try: germans hold almoust all units around hill. 88mm gets moved to bunker on uppermost hill with 2 advance orders. A very close call but a mass assault solved the problem. (88mm in close combat is not good)

3rd try. We swap sides and i defend. I try to spread out but outer forces get wiped out fast and in my desperation to avoid an assault on the bunker consentrate to mutch forces inside and is easily encircled (bunker on first hill not on top)

So the question is: how do you defend against a swarm of tanks without getting wiped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory for the defender in Scenario 8 is difficult - very difficult. After 4 plays, I have not seen the defenders win yet in this scenario. I have played Scenario 4 about a dozen times, so I will take another look at this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
I've considered placing the bunker at the very top of the hill, facing the corner, and moving infantry inside. It's essentially invulnerable to ranged fire, so the Soviet tanks have to assault it, exposing themselves to the infantry. The 88 goes into a trench directly in front of the bunker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.