Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Thiel
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking to fill an online order with one more game. I have a couple I am looking to choose from (all of which seem like great options, but I can only get one). I mostly play with my wife (2p) and sometimes will play a solo option if available. Some of my favorite games include Trajan, Snowdonia, Goa, Troyes, Castles of Burgundy, Agricola, Ticket to Ride, Lords of Waterdeep, and At the Gates of Loyang. I wouldn't mind trying something out of the box. What is the best on the list?

Here are your choices:

1. Nations
2. Kemet
3. Dungeon Petz
4. Bora Bora
5. Terra Mystica
6. Russian Railroads

(interesting mix, I know )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Add Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan to your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Nations - This would be my top recommendation. It's a really good civ game that doesn't take to long. I can't vouch for the solo game, but I can attest that 2p is good.
2. Kemet - This is very in your face aggressive. If you get this, you need to go in with eyes wide open. Based on your favorite games I would recommend you avoid. Cyclades might be a better way to ease into the genre as it is slightly more defensive.
3. Dungeon Petz - I'd put this in 2nd place after nations. It's a charming theme, with really great mechanics.
4. Bora Bora - this shines with more players. I also wasn't impressed with the mechanics, it just didn't quite click. It's not a patch on Trajan or CoB. If you want a new Feld game I'd suggest Bruges.
5. Terra Mystica - The game is a little too wide open at 2.
6. Russian Railroads - 3rd place. Again I'd say this shines at 4, the game is a bit to restrictive in the 2p game. It's very easy to get locked out of some important spaces (black tracks) early in the game, ours still however very good. Be warned that it's very maths intensive, and if you don't go in with a coherent strategy you are going to get pasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KemKat K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll admit I have not played most of these games but truly enjoyed Dungeon Petz and the art is wonderful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Perez
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What about Aton, Police Precinct, or 1775: Rebellion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.