Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joachim Hoesch
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mb
Dear all,

first of all: Happy New Year 2014 to all of you!

I have two small additional rule questions:

1. It says in the English rules the active player has to end his turn when the 8th card on a day of defence is played and it ends with the event card being played afterwards. The German rules state the last player has to finish his turn under this condition. Which version was intended (i.e. active vs. last player)?
2. The rules also state that if the 8th card is a 'Air raid' or 'Morale decline card' it is placed on the discard pile of the following day. So this means a day of defence can potentially also end with 7 rather than 8 cards. Correct?

Thanks and regards
Joachim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Woźniak
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. active player

2. no.

day ends after 8 cards. But when you already have 8 cards, and before the end of that day there is a 9th card it goes to the next day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Hoesch
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mb
Many thanks again Lukasz!

Joachim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
JHoesch wrote:
The rules also state that if the 8th card is a 'Air raid' or 'Morale decline card' it is placed on the discard pile of the following day. So this means a day of defence can potentially also end with 7 rather than 8 cards. Correct?

I didn't read this rule right the first three times I looked at it and had the same thought as you.

Then I realized it is saying that once the 8th card is already in the pile and an Air Raid/Morale card is discarded as the 9th card that it goes into the next day.

To clarify further, the way I learned my lesson was when I ended up with a troop card as a 9th card discarded! [I killed a troop for #8 and then a mine killed one.] What do I do with that 9th card? Assumed it went to the next day but it didn't really say that.

So the real rule would be that any cards beyond 8 go into the next day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.