Subject: Car number of attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules of season one states: "It runs over ever actor in the zone It starts in and each zone it enters".

For the first move it is pretty clear, start zone and each zone it enters. For ex zone A start moving to zone B. If the survivor moves back from zone B to zone A with second action, will zone B get hit again? Seems like double dipping.

Also does the end move if zone contains zombies apply to cars? It appears not to be the case as "it is not a move".

Cars are really over powered but some missions cannot be beaten without them... I tend to avoid them, and have to do the seat swap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you drive from A to B, as one action, then from B to A as a second action, you roll twice for the zombies in B (and A, for the matter).

And:
Quote:
This Action is not a Move and is not subject to movement modifiers, such as a free Move Action or increased movement, nor is it affected by disadvantages related to Move Actions...

(emphasis mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Yes, if you drive from A to B, as one action, then from B to A as a second action, you roll twice for the zombies in B (and A, for the matter).

And:
Quote:
This Action is not a Move and is not subject to movement modifiers, such as a free Move Action or increased movement, nor is it affected by disadvantages related to Move Actions...

(emphasis mine)

You should emphasize the "not subject to movement modifiers, such as a free move action or increased movement" part also, before someone start to ask the question...

To add me 2 cents, if for one action you move one square ahead and then go back to where you started (yes it's possible, it's also written in the rulebook), you'll roll dice twice for the starting zone only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azhagmorglum wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

And:
Quote:

(emphasis mine)

You should emphasize the "not subject to movement modifiers, such as a free move action or increased movement" part also, before someone start to ask the question...

To add me 2 cents, if for one action you move one square ahead and then go back to where you started (yes it's possible, it's also written in the rulebook), you'll roll dice twice for the starting zone only.

Right, A -> B -> A, 2 rolls for A and 1 roll for B then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hiakeem wrote:
azhagmorglum wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

And:
Quote:

(emphasis mine)

Right, A -> B -> A, 2 rolls for A and 1 roll for B then.

Correct, assuming A->B->A is a single action, and zones A and B are next to each other.

A->B then B->A, as two actions, however, would be two rolls each for both A and B, but, in that case, zones A and B may also, optionally, be separated by a third zone C (i.e: A->C->B then B->C->A), for which you'd also roll twice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.