David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Every Christmas, as part of our tradition, I buy one new light game to play with the family. This year I purchased Ghost Blitz, and we had great fun playing it until one of the legs on the red chair broke off midway through the first game. Kind of disappointing to say the least. I've tried to glue it with some wood glue, so I hope it holds up during our next play. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, did your glue job hold up? Is there any contacts for replacement parts? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Gagnon
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played several games, some pretty rough, and no issues yet. Likely just a bad glue issue during production. I was thinking that I'd have to re-glue at some point due to the "action" in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, did this affect gameplay at all? I kind of like how you need slightly different techniques to grab the different objects (if you're darting in as fast as possible to beat other people) but it seems like the chair lying on its side would still be much the same.

(I'm not saying it has to have some gameplay effect for you to care that it broke! I am, as I said, just curious.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Out of curiosity, did this affect gameplay at all? I kind of like how you need slightly different techniques to grab the different objects (if you're darting in as fast as possible to beat other people) but it seems like the chair lying on its side would still be much the same.

(I'm not saying it has to have some gameplay effect for you to care that it broke! I am, as I said, just curious.)

Absolutely no difference in terms of actual gameplay physically. Psychologically it put a damper on my fun knowing that I was playing with a broken game piece. As you might guess, I have never been one to proxy minis or game pieces. Just doesn't sit right with me.

I can see the red chair being the most problematic game piece when playing, as there are many instances were two people are grabbing and pulling on the same object simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mille1212 wrote:
I can see the red chair being the most problematic game piece when playing, as there are many instances were two people are grabbing and pulling on the same object simultaneously.

Good point-- it's big and angular, so it would be easy for two people to get a hand on it at once.

I've been similarly worried about two people tearing the rug from Ghost Blitz 2.0 by grabbing it from both ends, but I play with optional rules that slow the game down, and so far that seems to have protected the pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
mille1212 wrote:
Every Christmas, as part of our tradition, I buy one new light game to play with the family. This year I purchased Ghost Blitz, and we had great fun playing it until one of the legs on the red chair broke off midway through the first game. Kind of disappointing to say the least. I've tried to glue it with some wood glue, so I hope it holds up during our next play. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, did your glue job hold up? Is there any contacts for replacement parts? Thanks

Yes, it happened to us as well; a few months ago, I played it with my family and my 9 year old son grabbed the chair (a bit too) enthousiastically and it one leg broke off. I glued it too and it still holds.

Great game, by the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.