Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Legendary: Paint the Town Red» Forums » General

Subject: No News is Bad News?... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
I did not know about Marvel Legendary at the time of the original box set release. I started playing right when Dark City came out. So I was not on these forums then. But I am bummed out at the silence that UD is giving the fans when it comes to spoilers and glimpses at the spiderman expansion. It is only a month away from coming out and we know so little. While I like a good surprise I also would like to feast my eyes on some carnage or his villain group.

Anyone else not feeling the love from UD?...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Maybe this is how things are done when expansions come out but I just wish we knew more. Like I said I was not around the forums when Dark City came out. Maybe they released more info about it or were this silent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
San Gabriel Valley Southern California
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling they will start posting artwork in the coming weeks because if you look at their facebook page they put in pictures of the art for the Fantastic 4 expansion a month before it was released. I have a feeling that everything is done and is already being printed. Most likely they are finishing the artwork on the box since announcing the name "Paint the Town Red". Hopefully soon I like a surprise but give us at least a preview of a card. To get the hype train going.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense, but I think you might be overreacting a little. Brenzor posts plenty of stuff on here if you look for it. But even without that, it's not a big expansion, so you can't expect that much, especially this early. If they were posting art now, it would either be a long gap between the teaser and it actually coming or it would all be revealed by the time it's released. Either way is pretty lame. Personally, I don't want the thing spoiled before it comes out. Wanting a couple preview images is fine, but I think it's still too soon for that. The cover teaser does enough for me for now and I don't want to know anything about other enemies or abilities until it hits. And it's not like anybody should be bored with playing what's available to play with up to now, either
As far as your other question, yeah, there were more teasers for Dark City, but that was because that was a bigger expansion and they had room to tease a lot more without revealing that much about it. I still had *PLENTY* of surprises in the box.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you say only a month, when it is a month and a half. Those extra 2 weeks do count when expansions are only 4 months apart. But we do know plenty already, and if UD keep to their track record with Legendary, a month before we start getting weekly spoilers.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Lykken
msg tools
mb
Keep in mind that the Legendary: Aliens base game should be out inf Jan/Feb as well so they have a lot on their hands.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Or.....I just took a break over the holidays. Stay tuned, there will be some good stuff in the upcoming weeks leading up to the launch.

18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You took a break!!!!!! how dare you :-) ....Cant wait for this expansion by the way, Love the Spiderman!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty new to Legendary - when do new sets start to be teased? Can we expect the next set to be announced around the time this one launches?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
bwick503 wrote:
I did not know about Marvel Legendary at the time of the original box set release. I started playing right when Dark City came out. So I was not on these forums then. But I am bummed out at the silence that UD is giving the fans when it comes to spoilers and glimpses at the spiderman expansion. It is only a month away from coming out and we know so little. While I like a good surprise I also would like to feast my eyes on some carnage or his villain group.

Anyone else not feeling the love from UD?...


Well, we already know a lot. Short of unboxing it they can't really do much else.

Plus they want to keep the hype and mystery.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
I'm pretty new to Legendary - when do new sets start to be teased? Can we expect the next set to be announced around the time this one launches?


Yeah I am really interested in seeing what the next big box expansion will be for Legendary Marvel. I am hoping it is Guardians of the Galaxy based/influenced.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MirrorsNight wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
I'm pretty new to Legendary - when do new sets start to be teased? Can we expect the next set to be announced around the time this one launches?


Yeah I am really interested in seeing what the next big box expansion will be for Legendary Marvel. I am hoping it is Guardians of the Galaxy based/influenced.


I am thinking a cosmic set would be pretty great.

Maybe some of it could be Planet Hulk stuff?!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
Maybe some of it could be Planet Hulk stuff?!


Yes please!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
MirrorsNight wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
I'm pretty new to Legendary - when do new sets start to be teased? Can we expect the next set to be announced around the time this one launches?


Yeah I am really interested in seeing what the next big box expansion will be for Legendary Marvel. I am hoping it is Guardians of the Galaxy based/influenced.


I am thinking a cosmic set would be pretty great.

Maybe some of it could be Planet Hulk stuff?!


The only recognizable characters in planet hulk would be hulk.

I'm thinking they'll probably explore more avengers.

What would be cool would be an AGE OF APOCALYPSE expansion.

Or X-babies. Even if just as promo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phaseshifter wrote:
The only recognizable characters in planet hulk would be hulk.


Recognizable to who?

If Forge is recognizable enough to release, the Warbound are.

Plus there was a movie released of Planet Hulk.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved Planet Hulk (the comic, not the movie), and I would be so excited to see that in Legendary. I kinda doubt it'll happen, but I can dream.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horace Darksaber
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
I kinda doubt it'll happen, but I can dream.


Make it and get it professionally printed out. I've added about 1,150 cards to my game so far. Just as thick of cardstock and the graphics/fonts are all accurate. Literally can not tell the difference in any way, especially since I sleeve (all of) my games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.