Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're interested, you can preview the Ultimate Werewolf Deluxe Edition Kickstarter Campaign here.

It will be launching next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the preview it looks like some of the cards from the prior set/expansions have been eliminated. True?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Finlay
Australia
Beldon
WA
flag msg tools
badge
The stretch goals section has bizarre font size changes but they're not a big deal. There is also an error in the stretch goals section for Klemens Franz: renown should be renowned.

Witek did a nice job with his artpack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I don't mind so much the cards left out but I'm curious because the cards shown include the movie monster expansion but later it looks like it's a stretch goal.

Also will the new expansion only be compatible with the deluxe edition since the deluxe edition will have new backs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
From the preview it looks like some of the cards from the prior set/expansions have been eliminated. True?

The cards shown are still in flux, however, it is likely that some of the least common cards will not be included in the new edition.

Right now the cards shown include all four expansion sets, which assumes that all stretch goals for those expansions are achieved (likely but not guaranteed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
apocalyp wrote:
Also will the new expansion only be compatible with the deluxe edition since the deluxe edition will have new backs?

The Wolfpack expansion will be available separately for existing Ultimate Edition owners (with the UE back), directly from Bezier Games, much like the other three expansions are available today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So will the latest expansion come with two different card backs. The new version and the older?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Brandt
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is great to see the new artwork and i will be defenately getting this version! But as i mostly play as a moderator, i still have a question.

The game discription mentioned a better moderator scorepad:
Quote:
Ultimate Werewolf: Deluxe Edition features all new artwork, a great new design, totally rewritten and more comprehensive rules, and an even better moderator scorepad

But Ted, can you explain, what is the functional difference between the old one:

And the new scorepad:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashlar wrote:
It is great to see the new artwork and i will be defenately getting this version! But as i mostly play as a moderator, i still have a question.

The game discription mentioned a better moderator scorepad:
Quote:
Ultimate Werewolf: Deluxe Edition features all new artwork, a great new design, totally rewritten and more comprehensive rules, and an even better moderator scorepad

But Ted, can you explain, what is the functional difference between the old one:

And the new scorepad:

Sure. 4 more spaces and no pre-written characters listed (which some people mistakenly thought were headings). And the lines are straighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like it would be better with each character listed in the order they were to wake up. Jot the player's name next to it that is assigned that role and everything is simplified. No?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
Seems like it would be better with each character listed in the order they were to wake up. Jot the player's name next to it that is assigned that role and everything is simplified. No?

In theory. But you'll probably never play with all of those characters at once, and the number of werewolves (who wake up early in the night) changes based on the number of players in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True. But what is being provided is a blank piece of paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:

I would beg to differ. I've tracked games with blank sheets of paper, and it's messy. Moderators really like having the scorepad as part of the game. Here's what the scorepad offers that a blank piece of paper doesn't:

1) A cardboard backing that both supports writing while you are holding it, and ensures players can't see what you've written.

2) Structured fields to place role names and player names.

3) Two columns so you can (if you wish) track werewolf team roles and villager team roles.

4) A handy little dot next to the box in the first column that can be circled if it's a role that gets woken up each night.

5) Sized to fit perfectly in the box; as big as possible to fit the box, so you always have the scorepad with you when you play.

6) It matches the style of the cards/box and has the name of the game on it, so if it does forget to get put away, everyone will know what game it goes to.

7) Because it comes with the game, there's no looking around for some paper before you get started, making games even more efficient.

One other nice thing (this is the box, but related to the scorepad) is that the box is perfectly sized to allow you to store a pen or pencil in there. That wasn't an accident.

I can't think of any advantages that a blank piece of paper has over the scorepad, but I'm admittedly pro-scorepad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
Hockey Mask wrote:

I would beg to differ. I've tracked games with blank sheets of paper, and it's messy. Moderators really like having the scorepad as part of the game. Here's what the scorepad offers that a blank piece of paper doesn't:

1) A cardboard backing that both supports writing while you are holding it, and ensures players can't see what you've written.

2) Structured fields to place role names and player names.

3) Two columns so you can (if you wish) track werewolf team roles and villager team roles.

4) A handy little dot next to the box in the first column that can be circled if it's a role that gets woken up each night.

5) Sized to fit perfectly in the box; as big as possible to fit the box, so you always have the scorepad with you when you play.

6) It matches the style of the cards/box and has the name of the game on it, so if it does forget to get put away, everyone will know what game it goes to.

7) Because it comes with the game, there's no looking around for some paper before you get started, making games even more efficient.

One other nice thing (this is the box, but related to the scorepad) is that the box is perfectly sized to allow you to store a pen or pencil in there. That wasn't an accident.

I can't think of any advantages that a blank piece of paper has over the scorepad, but I'm admittedly pro-scorepad.

Brilliant Ted.

Z-Man really needs to hire you to write PR spin for why coasters were a perfect addition to their newly released editions of Parade and Black Spy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather use a blank piece of paper for a coaster than your scorepad. No ink run off. That's one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
I would rather use a blank piece of paper for a coaster than your scorepad. No ink run off. That's one!

Good one.

Also, it's hard to doodle on the scorepad....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.