3 Posts

Deadlands: Doomtown» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Rules Question: Whiskey Nick's Joint; Horse Whispers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michael
msg tools
Hello,

I'm a new poster to this site, and I have two rules questions that I couldn't find the answers to in the AccumulatedRulings.pdf or the Rulebook (although I admit that I may have missed something obvious). I'd really appreciate any help that anyone could give.

1) Whiskey Nick's Joint - Controller noon: One of your dudes (your choice) at WNJ gains a +1 bullet bonus and becomes a stud until after nightfall.: Does the dude keep that bonus even if it moves to a different location? I guess I'm just uncertain whether the *at WNJ* part is only meant to be a targeting restriction or whether it also means the if the dude moves to a different location then it loses the bonus.

2) Horse Whispers - ... Reaction Spirit 6: Play after draw hands are compared in a shootout. If this spirit succeeds, you may ace any number of non-gadget horses in your posse. Each horse aced reduces your casualties by one.: Can this ability be used even if the shaman using this spirit is *not* in the shootout? It is not a shootout action (e.g., like those on Strength of the Bear), and I see in the rulebook that shootout actions cannot be used unless the dude using them is in the shootout. However, it seemed close enough that I wasn't sure. If you could also please point me to the relevant rule that says this can/can't be done I'd appreciate it, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
1) Yes.

2) Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michael
msg tools
Excellent - thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.