Risk Legacy» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Which comeback power to have? (spoilers possible, envelope opened) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Weddle
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Game Five: I have the choice between three comeback powers and I'm not sure which one to choose? Three really good ones have been chosen. What is left is as follows. Top two choices and why would be great so I can pass it along to the next person who gets knocked out, which will probably be next game since everyone is gunning for them.

Mobile: At the start of your turn you may move one HQ you control to an adjacent territory you control. HQ's cannot share a territory.
OR
Convincing: You gain one extra troop in mercenary territories
OR
Stealthy: you may place some or all of your recruiting troops into one unmarked, unoccupied territory. This is not an expansion.

Mobile seems interesting & might be beneficial later, but I have not figured out the advantage this gives you in current rounds.

Convincing seems nice, and the three current mercenary country are a little spread out in Russia, Southeast Asia & Alaska, but I was able to own two of them in a previous game, but hard to keep.

Stealthy sounded good, but usually by the time we have cards for armies or want to attack a HQ, all territories have already been filled.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Stealthy is good for ganking an undefended border(such as a 3v1 attack), but yeah, it's common for it to end up useless. It's better with the German Bonus pack. (I think, not sure exactly.)

Mobile is better for some factions than others. Especially Die Mekaniker. Khan would get some use out of it too.

Convincing is somewhat useful, but, like ammo shortage, is very dependent on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stealthy would be good at the beginning of a game to spread quickly and get more resources fast (but you'd be spread thin)

mobile could be helpful in situations ( i plan to get it for the rebel faction (the plane just looks like it belongs with this one)

convincing can be nice, but you'd have to expect everyone to gang up on you after a bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly I have to rate the Saharans as one of those with a lesser use for Mobile. they do move around a lot, but often much faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Sneckner
United States
California
flag msg tools
On my buddy's board, I have a major city in Ontario, which also has a Mercenary on it. Any chance I get, I start with Khan, and therefore would be receiving 3 armies each turn on my HQ besides my reinforcements.

Also, just joined the forum and this is my first post. Hello everybody!

I love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
will avoiding spoilers, I'll say that several are a lot more situational than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.