Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony L.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I was unpacking my Alien Artifacts expansion, I made the discovery that I am actually missing a starting deck. I own the base game and all 3 expansions from the previous arc, and I don't seem to have the yellow deck. I have no idea how or when it went missing, or even if my game came with it in the first place (I did buy it used, so there is that possibility). Since that's a color I need for the Explore: Orb deck, short of sleeving my cards, is there anything I can do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try to contact RGG, maybe they can send you some spare one for a small fee..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
by starting deck, do you mean the player action cards?

try contacting the publisher first, see if they can send you the missing components.. or contact the person who sold you the game, hopefully the missing components were just mixed with his other game

other than that, you can use the blank cards, there should be enough to substitute the 7 action cards

or, hopefully someone who own several copy of the game (i know there are many) can help you after reading your thread here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cristofani
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or in the short term, you could just play the game with fewer than five players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Echo35 wrote:
As I was unpacking my Alien Artifacts expansion, I made the discovery that I am actually missing a starting deck. I own the base game and all 3 expansions from the previous arc, and I don't seem to have the yellow deck. I have no idea how or when it went missing, or even if my game came with it in the first place (I did buy it used, so there is that possibility). Since that's a color I need for the Explore: Orb deck, short of sleeving my cards, is there anything I can do?

You mean yellow action cards from the base game are missing?
You can still use other colors (from first two expamsions)
- with yellow Orb explore (in non transparent sleeves)
-OR with prestige/search card replacing orb explore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grankin
Ukraine
Mariupol
flag msg tools
To be frank, I am extremely confused. What is "yellow deck" and why do you need it for Explore Orb?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Set of orders from base race for the galaxy, in yellow.

Alien artifacts includes new order card, explore orb, in each of the 4 colours from the base game, to add to your choices of orders.

OP can't find his yellow orders from the base game. So can't play the full number of players of alien artifacts because, say, the guy with the purple deck would have to use the yellow explore orb order, and everyone would know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I skimmed a little, but pretty sure the easiest solution is to use a 2pa dev/settle from the 4th color as the orb explore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
I skimmed a little, but pretty sure the easiest solution is to use a 2pa dev/settle from the 4th color as the orb explore.

Or use opaque sleeves, even if just for that set of action cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony L.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frunkee wrote:
entranced wrote:

Or use opaque sleeves, even if just for that set of action cards.

Yes, the yellow action deck, been playing too many deck builders lately I got it from a shop, so there's no way to contact the previous owner, since I have no idea who it is and bought it years ago. I'll probably just end up sleeving them in the mean time since I really don't need 7 decks to begin with, and having an 8th won't matter. I've had good experiences contacting some publishers in the past for parts, but others have been pretty terrible. Anyone have experience with getting replacements for RftG before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I did, no problem with it (I had few damaged cards by an accident). But it was back in 2007/8 I think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cristofani
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:

Using the prestige/search card as the orb explore is still better. More visually distinct. Just use the purple or cyan deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.