Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zac Jensen
United States
Sedro Woolley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you win with the Alien card that awards you 1 VP? So if a player has 14 VP and then on their next turn they play that card, is the game over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite...

Smash Up Base Game Rulebook, page 7 wrote:

Game Over, Man
At the end of any turn that someone reaches 15 VP, the player with the most victory points wins. If there is a tie for the most, keep playing
turns until there isn’t. No sharing! Except for your two factions. You guys are BFFs.

To clarify, the game will end in that turn; it does mean that if base gets to score as a result, that happens first before the "end of turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is my favorite way to win! Winning outside of base breaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
and that's why the Aliens are quite possible the scariest faction in the endgame.

If they manage their Invaders and "return" action cards appropriately they can in a sense put a time limit on the game. If your opponents are playing the "Ha ha lets kill everything randomly because we can" strategy you get to play the "Ha ha you fools continue to prevent bases from breaking, I'll be over here inching my way up to victory" card.

Bottom line is you cannot let the Aliens get their score near 14 unless both their invaders are neutralized which again if they manage their "return" cards well can be hard to do.

My current record is 9 non-base points, 6 of which came from just 1 Invader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Jensen
United States
Sedro Woolley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks man. That clears up my confusion. I was thinking like it was Munchkin, where you can't win from a card, but since the game doesn't end until the turn is over it makes sense. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.