Max Møller
Denmark
Copenhagen
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

I'm pretty open to trading to new games so my wishlist will never be exhaustive. It would be great if it was possible to search for possible trades in the custom search without specifying what I am looking for. That would enable me to see what I might be able to get in return for a specific game.

Apologies if this is somehow already possible. I've tried asking over on the HowtoBGG forum about it and it doesn't seem like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might consider a math trade; you can choose any of the items up for trade that you would accept for your game, and see if the system makes a match. You could also do an Ultimate Trade geeklist, where you put up a game or bundle of games, and see what people offer you for it. It can create a chain where someone may want your game and offer a second game, and someone else wants the second game and offers a third game, and the third game is the one that you want so you declare it closed, and everyone sends their game to the right person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would use this idea too. my trading is more likely to be driven by what I'm willing to get rid of than by what I want in return. As is, it's tedious rummaging through and changing my 'wants' based on what is out there.

Math trades are a different thing entirely, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Møller
Denmark
Copenhagen
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While I like the idea of math trades, it's not really what I'm looking for. I'd like to be able to see what I might be able to get in trade for a game I'm looking to offload. As it is, I can only see if someone is willing to trade me something on my "Want in trade" list.

I can look at "Users wanting" a specific game from the game's page. But I can't sort or filter that list and it can be very long.

So either solution would be a great help:
-being able to custom search for trades without specifying what I want in trade
-being able to filter users from my home country wanting the game from the game's page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.