Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I played my first game of this yesterday; it was quite fun. A few rules questions did pop up, which I was unable to find--even after a second read through of the rule book.

1.) Can you use alien vent movement if a commando is just sitting on a vent space? There was an instance where I had just enough movement to plop right on top of the vent, but, alas! Can you exit the vent in an adjacent tile, or does it have to be the vent tile itself?

2.) As far as firing through other figures, what is the rule on this? Can I shoot at a commando if it is behind another commando (or alien for that matter)? This was very unclear to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I asked this question here: Standing on a vent block a Clone from traveling through?. The general consensus was yes, it blocks clone movement (though Rogue clones could spend another adrenaline to move through the commando).

2) Figures do not block LOS and thus you can fire 'through' enemy and/or friendly figures. Look at pg 14 of rulebook, where it states, "Only doors and wall spaces can block LOS. Figures and combatant markers do not interfere with LOS in any way." So no hiding behind other figures in this game.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a FAQ or does the designer show up sometimes to answer these questions ? Does the game have its own forum elsewhere ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
Is there a FAQ or does the designer show up sometimes to answer these questions ? Does the game have its own forum elsewhere ?

The designer (DeadlyEd) pops in from time to time, though he has stated he's working on a FAQ (see Re: Being Revived doesn't recover wound?).

Mostly, the game is pretty straight-forward if the rules are read clearly, just a handful of edge cases here and there.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Barber
England
Aylesford
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play the vents are in the celling and cant be blocked by someone standing under it. Seems fair as vents are normally in the celling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.