Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Davies
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else other than me waiting on this reprint?

I've been looking forward to buying and playing this game since Shut Up and Sit Down reviewed it a few months back. I was hoping the reprint would be out before Christmas so I could request one as a gift... but alas.

The Zmangames website used to have a release date of end of year/early 2014. Now it says release early 2014. Does anyone have a better idea of when this may be? I'm pretty new to this hobby so i'm not sure how good with deadlines various publishers are.

Also I'm in the UK so will this result in a delay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the hobby sam. You'll discover release dates for board games are very rough. It's not like video games or movies. So much can throw dates off. A manufacturer error. Boat taking longer to get here. Random Inspections. Then getting everything ship out after that takes time as well.

I'm waiting with you, I sold mine when they were going for really high prices I couldn't resist. For what it's worth, Tales is a really fun game. If you are looking for something similar, you should check out

Agents of SMERSH

I actually prefer SMERSH, mainly due to it's co op nature and it's got a bit more game. It certainly doesn't replace Tales though, as both are very different settings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes welcome Sam
I was in the same boat as you, waiting and waiting for the last re-print and remember well the day it arrived from the excellent Grim Tree Games in UK.
Definitely a great game to have in the collection, the tale book itself is amazing.
It will turn up in stores soon enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Davies
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to bid my time... its not like i'm game starved since Christmas with Libertalia and Mascarade still yet to play. Also got Pandemic which has even enticed my GF to play a few times.

I'll look into that Agents of SMERSH, does it have the same random element that Tales has? I used to play Talisman back in the day, and some of my favorite memories from that games is when things go badly wrong in an amusing way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that Smersh has skills tests, similar to Fortune and Glory... You have to roll dice for these tests... Whereas in Tales, its mostly just whether or not you have a particular skill and at what level...

IMO, both are fairly random with the consequences of your reaction choices... I've read a lot of comments where folks say they have more control with the reaction outcomes in Smersh, but I haven't found that to be the case in our plays...

But both are fun! With Smersh, I do find we strategize more; with Tales, we kinda just sit back and let things happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Goldberg
msg tools
designer
Sam -

Appreciate your strong interest in "Tales of the Arabian Nights" - and hope you'll forgive me condoning SU&SD for provoking those hostile feelings in you.

When I spoke with the publisher in mid-December, she reported that the next print run was en route from China, and that the ETA for delivery in North America was... January 2nd, otherwise known as "yesterday".

Do not have insight into whether a consignment of copies were sent separately to the UK, as had been the case with an earlier print run (when Z-Man was run by the indefatigable founder, rather than the present management team).

Do hope that you'll have a few weeks' more patience in acquiring your copy and, most of all, that you'll enjoy the game once you have the opportunity to play it.

Regards, Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Davies
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric

I appreciate your taking time to let me know on the progess of the reprint. Its pretty exciting hearing from the designer of the game i'm interested in.... can't think of any other hobby where that kind of thing happens.

I have a lot of respect for Paul & Quinns taste in games, so i'm pretty sure i'm going to enjoy your tales when they arrive at these shore. I understand that many things can delay a games arrival, and they're often out of the publishers power to change. So with that in mind i'll stay patient :-)

Hopefully i'll be able to report back soon on some of our arabian mishaps and adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Goldberg wrote:
Sam -

Appreciate your strong interest in "Tales of the Arabian Nights" - and hope you'll forgive me condoning SU&SD for provoking those hostile feelings in you.

When I spoke with the publisher in mid-December, she reported that the next print run was en route from China, and that the ETA for delivery in North America was... January 2nd, otherwise known as "yesterday".

Do not have insight into whether a consignment of copies were sent separately to the UK, as had been the case with an earlier print run (when Z-Man was run by the indefatigable founder, rather than the present management team).

Do hope that you'll have a few weeks' more patience in acquiring your copy and, most of all, that you'll enjoy the game once you have the opportunity to play it.

Regards, Eric

This is awesome news! Thank you so much for the update
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Weller
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any changes to the game in the reprint ? I am wondering if I should wait for it or pick up one from the rare Ebay appearances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
pashnak wrote:
Is there any changes to the game in the reprint ? I am wondering if I should wait for it or pick up one from the rare Ebay appearances.

Now shipping to distributors, according to this Facebook update from Z-Man Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Davies
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone awaiting 'tales' in the UK, I've just heard back from boardgameguru.co.uk and they're hoping to have the reprint in a couple of weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Weller
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultari wrote:
For anyone awaiting 'tales' in the UK, I've just heard back from boardgameguru.co.uk and they're hoping to have the reprint in a couple of weeks.

Just in time for payday, super
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Davies
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news UK gamers

boardgameguru.com has TotAN in stock :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
.....and Gameslore and Grim Tree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Weller
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should get mine Friday. Can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Davies
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah same here

Happpy time ahoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer the question, I read another thread with a response from someone working at Z-Man games.

There is no differences between the first and second printings outside of a changed serial number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Davies
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TotAN is sitting on my desk at work.... I'm finding it very hard not to say screw work, and start punching cardboard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.