Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have been playing Clubs for the last couple of days and we really enjoy it a lot! My wife has become quite good at it, she's trounced me soundly several times. All games of Clubs so far have been 2-player only.

But we realized only last evening that we're unsure of a couple of rules, so I'm seeking the sage wisdom of BGG.

1. As an example of my first rules question, my wife played her last card and claimed the (5 pt.) Bonus Card. At this point we've been playing that since it's a 2-player game, that round was immediately over, even if I held a card in my hand that I could have played to actually win the trick. Is this correct? Does the round immediately end in a 2-player game when one person plays his last card, OR can the remaining player still play a card and win the trick?

2. In the Crazy Clubs game: Concerning the new rule that a 15 can be beat by a higher-number-of-cards play....Does this rule ONLY apply when one player plays a 15 (singleton or otherwise), OR can the other player play this "higher-number-of-cards" to beat something OTHER THAN a 15. For example, if my wife played a single 13 or 14 and I didn't have a 15, could I play a 3-3 to beat her 13 or 14? We did NOT play it this way, but the question did arise.

We really enjoy this game and look forward to many more plays of it! Thanks for any and all input...

jrbentley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
:C.h.r.i.s. M.c.G.o.w.a.n:
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're enjoying Clubs.

1. You play out the trick. So in your example, you could play a card and take the trick and any Clubs in there.

2. A single 13 or single 14 is a "of a kind" play so any higher "of a kind" play in Crazy Clubs is valid. So 3-3 beats both of those (13 or 14 or 15 for that matter). 2-2-2 would beat 3-3, etc.

A single card is "of a kind". A "run" must consist of at least 2 cards, so a single card (like 13) is never a run.

Follow the lead - either (a) of a kind or (b) run of 2 or more consecutive cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
The answers above are correct. Chris was an active playtester for Clubs, which is why he's such a good resource. Thanks Chris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.