Popular Tags: [View All]
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems silly that without a guard in the control room, minions cannot unlock any doors. If the intruders disable the control room or generator, then every minion will effectively be locked in or out of the rooms, preventing them from going anywhere. And because minions move so slowly (maximum four squares per turn), the base defender will probably be unable to restore control in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Tyler
United Kingdom
Port Isaac
Cornwall
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Timur,

Minions can't be trusted - who knows where they might leave a key for anyone to find!

Basically, as the defender DO NOT let the intruders get to the control room! Its a tactic that works for everyone - if the intruders waste valuable minutes trying to get in the control room all the better for the defender. And for the intruders, it means they can control the movement of the minions, but someone has to stay in the seat - and this can be dangerous!

As the defender player, I always put traps all round the control room and generator to stop this from happening. Remember, anyone can man the control room, so if you need to, get the boss to do some hard graft for a change!

This is one of those game plays that may take a few games to work out, and as a defender player, it doesn't take long to make the pesky little secret agents ignore the control room as its not fun to be zapped all the time!

Cheers,
Gav
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traps only work if you can install the darned things. My two techies Neville and Bodger spent most of their time in the hallway trying to properly orient the trap with the grid inlay and never got one to actually install itself. (couldn't roll a 6 to save my life)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.