Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mb
PASSWORD - Password back at the SSG again! It's become a very standard end of the night game for me these days - replacing Werewolf (but not completely - Werewolf will return soon!). Password is a fantastic 4 player partnership game where the object is to get your fellow player to say the secret "password" by giving a series of one word clues. It's really great fun and amazing how many different lines of thinking you will see for a set of clues - often the two clue givers are going about getting thier partner to say the word in completely different directions (for example, the word "picket" can be gotten from "strike, sign, etc" and also from "fence" but it can confuse the guessers if they are listening to all the mixed clues! Alison and I teamed up against Pitt/Craig. We played 4 excellent 5-word groups of Password - and there was lots of good smack-talk at the table as the totals see-sawed back and forth... but somehow Alison and I just couldn't beat our wordy-foes. Twice we came within a point of victory - only to have it snatched away on a double-point password! Pitt had a couple of excellent definitive clues that worked well for his team. Alison and I took a bit more time to get on the same page - but it's amazing
how quickly you adapt to your partner's playing style. I think all four of us are fans of the game - and it shows as we really got into it. And it was great fun - and I'm looking forward to putting together a password tournament (a light tournament - mostly for fun of course!) at a big game event in the future. There is a new "Endless Games" edition that can be had at most convienent stores in the US (at least around here) and older editions can be had on ebay for a nominal fee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.