Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender
Estonia
Tallinn
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my friend are thinking about organizing Netrunner gaming nights or, in the future, tournaments - are there any players around? We are based in Tallinn, but wouldn't mind to jump the puddle once in a while for a good run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V0id 000
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm moving to tallinn in a month and definitely I'd be up for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto H
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been hosting some tournaments in Helsinki. You find us in Facebook: Netrunner Suomi. There is usually one tournament per month with alternative art cards for prices (next one 22.2). There are Store Championships in March (1.3 and 22.3). We are trying to make plans for Chronos Protocol and Regionals also. If you have questions about tournaments and playgroups in Helsinki send email to netrunner.suomi@gmail.com or send me a PM.

I would be interested to hear any tournaments in Tallinn also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasily Chernonozhkin
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hey guys! let's pal up as communities, huh? we're in Saint-Petersburg are growing fast, working with Finnish distributor and having one Estonian player already.

here's our VK page (in Russian): https://vk.com/netrunner_spb

we'd like to invite you to our Store championship on February 22nd:
https://vk.com/anrcitychamp14

siretsch, if you know Dmitry send me a PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry k
Estonia
flag msg tools
Hey! Yep time to play in Tallinn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemi Sintsov
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V0id 000
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Slightly off topic: where do they sell Android Netrunner stuff in Tallinn? I am still in Tartu at the moment and the local Ludos store told me they do not keep Netrunner stuff anymore. I would assume that the same goes for the Ludos store in Tallinn, am I right?

Back on topic: where do people play net runner in Tallinn? I know that in solaris there is a shop (we play??) but it looks like they have a rather small playing area...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender
Estonia
Tallinn
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Thanks everyone for input - I was away from bgg for a while, that's why a tardy reply.
Ludo is always friendly when it comes to ordering games, plus some Ludo Tallinn workers are ANR players themselves.

However, when it comes to data packs, I still think you get the best value ordering them online. I use Book Depository for that.

We can find a play area and have an introductory event? I have 2 core sets, C&C and the entire 1st cycle available for deckbuilding, so we could easily accommodate at least 4 players with these cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V0id 000
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Introductory event or even just a game night somewhere. So we meet, we get to know each other and we know how many we are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto H
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We are hosting Chronos Protocol in Helsinki on April 20th and Regionals on May 3th. You can get more information by sending email: netrunner.suomi@gmail.com. You can find our tournament calender in here: *clicks* (information is in Finnish thought)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik N

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is good to know. I usually go to Finland a few times a year (my mother is Finnish, and I have other family there), and it will be nice knowing I can get some games in on travels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm going from Helsinki to Tallin for a few days, wonder if you guys have established a place to play Netrunner?

Also, there were no Estonians in the Helsinki Regional, but you guys still have a chance to get those promos - come to our Regional in Saint-Petersburg on May 31st!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V0id 000
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mplain wrote:
I'm going from Helsinki to Tallin for a few days, wonder if you guys have established a place to play Netrunner?

I'd like to know that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here's what I found in Tallinn:
There's a Ludo boardgame store in the Ülemiste shopping center, and they have game nights each Wednesday. Some people play Netrunner there, including one girl who's an employee at this store. That's it. Good luck finding more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V0id 000
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I know the place but I didn't know about the game nights.
where did you find it out, if I can ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Googled 'Tallinn board games', came there and asked whether anybody plays Netrunner there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V0id 000
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
in substance never underestimate the power of good old legwork, i see ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I went there again today and talked to that girl. She said that she has only played a couple games of Netrunner, and she knows several casual players who have the core set, and one or two with a few datapacks. Basically that means that if you want to have a Netrunner community and competitive scene in Tallinn, you'll have to create it.

The good news is, there is rich soil for it. Ludo has a place with several tables, and they are actually willing to provide it for the weekly meetups of the Netrunner community. I have told them that they could order datapacks and tournament kits from Fantasiapelit in Finland, so if you could get all the casual/interested players to get together, you could actually get the regular casual/competitive play scene going. All they need now is someone to actually start gathering people, helping them learn to play, organizing and maintaining those meetups. The Ludo employee girl seemed eager to help, but she's not really a hardcore ANR player, not an experienced organizer.

Basically, it's all in your hands - 'you' meaning whomever it may concern I am also willing to provide any help I can - I'm just not sure what that might be, considering that I live across the border =_=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V0id 000
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, I think the first step would be to gather all the interested people so we get an idea of how many we are. For this one can open a Facebook community and use the Facebook page of ludo for recruiting people. I can take of there, though I cannot speak Estonian.

As for possible tournaments, I guess that some Finnish will be willing to migrate south for such occasions (as a bonus, beer is cheaper here) so we should contact them too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V0id 000
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here it is. Enrol, then we'll see where to go.
https://www.facebook.com/ANRTallinn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasily Chernonozhkin
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
finally!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasily Chernonozhkin
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If anyone interested here's the FB event for our Regionals in St.-Petersburg:
https://www.facebook.com/events/599066633522448/

Come and play with our friendly but competitive community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.