Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Cox
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Once i pick a faction and grab my 3 heros I then also grab attatchment, items, and events.

Now there are 4 copies of each of those types. When playing solo do I take one copy per or all of the factions multiple attachments and shuffle.

i have been doing the latter and keep getting multiples and thought that was weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bscox3 wrote:
Once i pick a faction and grab my 3 heros I then also grab attatchment, items, and events.

Now there are 4 copies of each of those types. When playing solo do I take one copy per or all of the factions multiple attachments and shuffle.

i have been doing the latter and keep getting multiples and thought that was weird.

There aren't four of anything in the core set. Do you have multiple core sets blended together? Once you do that, you should be building custom decks ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Cox
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
I have one core set

I dont have them in front of me

But if you look on say the blue cards they have ally that when activated add a location token. There are like 4 copies of those guys

Question is do I do all the associated ally cards, etc or just one copy of weach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not getting your question totally, but I think I can help you out.

I assume that by faction you mean sphere.

So yes you pick one sphere, take the 3 heroes of that sphere, and take all the cards for that sphere, which should be 30 in the core set, take 2 or 3 Gandalfs and that is your basic deck.

You can draw multiple copies of a card and even have 2 or more of the same card in play except for unique cards which is signified by a symbol next to the name of the card. Also no deck can have more than 3 copies of the same card.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are not 4 of them, but the answer is use them all. When you're using the pre-built decks from the core set, just use them as-is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might be mixing Lorien Guide and Northern Tracker together.

What is your goal here, to make a custom deck or play the default starter decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Cox
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
I just pick a symbol and grab the 3 heros assocuiated

1 gandalf card then all of the other cards with the same symbol as the heros

but there are like 4 copies of each ally, etc

Do I grab one of each or all of them for the deck to use on the starter mission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
should have 3 copies of the cards...unless they gave you 4 each, which would be an accident

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Cox
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
YES! 3! Sorry

So 1 of each or all 3 of each to the draw deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
all 3 of each for the draw deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Cox
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
OK then if i have enough refresh tokens I can buy as many allies as I want and leave them in the game until they are hit and killed?

So if I buy all 3 of the ally that adds a token to a location when he actrivates I can comit him 3 times and place 3 tokens? or commit 3 and use ability once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B
United States
Morrisville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have all three of the Ally out with that ability, you use it three times. Each time one of them commits, the ability is resolved.

Also, you are correct that they remain in play until they run out of life points (unless the card says otherwise in the case of cards like Gandalf).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kubiak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
they are separate cards, so use their actions one at the time, don't treat them as a group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.