Subject: Co-ops for Two? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been getting into this situation a lot recently of wanting a good co-op for two players. Most co-ops allow for two but aren't actually balanced that well for two. (This may even be true of some of the ones I like, I just don't know it.) Would love to hear some suggestions. Here are the ones I've had success with:

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game: Really fun, maybe a bit easy with two? Not sure given the variability with each setup, but seems to be possible. The competitive element means even if easy it's still fun.

Pandemic: Works quite well with two I believe; I'm just a bit bored of Pandemic. :p

Thoughts? I'd like to stay away from games where you can play with two but have to handle multiple characters (Arkham) or play with totally different rules (Ghost Stories).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
Hanabi works pretty well with just two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenna Sunderlin
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I have enjoyed Castle Panic, Elder Sign and Shadowrift with 2. It may not be the games' optimal number, but still fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just point you over at my geeklist A Crazy Couple's Co-op Guide: 2013 and onward Edition. Still need to add a few new ones, but it's got most that I know on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Desert and Flash Point. Both a little light though.

For a challenge, I'd recommend Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. Certainly works well with two players. (If you build your own decks, no problem. If you go with the pre-packaged monosphere decks, you may want to have each player control two spheres.)

Then there's Castle Ravenloft- a fun coop dungeon crawl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Freedom: The Underground Railroad scales very well with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, it is definitely best with 2. With more, it becomes too easy (at least the scenarios in the Core Set), while it gets *much* harder solo.

Legends of Andor is also very good with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.