Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin Burns
United States
Mantua
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am trying to share the board gaming experience with a friend of mine.

We have a played a few games together and he seems to like the experience. But he remembers a very specific miniature game that he wanted to play.

The description I got the first time around was the game has hexes and modern era miniatures (tanks and the like) and was in fact a type of war game. So I ended up getting him Memoir '44 as an xmas present. It was highly ranked and seemed to match his description.

Well we played it he enjoyed it but it was not the game he was thinking of. So here is a more detailed description of what he remembers. Let me know if this rings a bell for any one.

Vietnam era or later.
Hexes.
Very detailed models.(like wh40k)
Detailed 3d environments.
Large play area.
Used to be set up and played at our flgs (maybe 3 or 4 years ago)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the game in question, but it sounds interesting.
Maybe you should post this in the wargames forum here, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stadel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If its a miniatures game, it could be anything from a big production like Flames of War: Tour of Duty down to some local homebrewed rules; most historical minis games are just rules ... the minis/terrain can come from any manufacturer. Most current games don't use hexes but beyond that I have no idea; your description isn't much to go on ...

You might have better luck at a minis site like

http://theminiaturespage.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try looking through the games listed in the "Country: Vietnam" family. It might make your search easier if you knew when your friend last played the game, so you can cull anything with a newer published date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Burns
United States
Mantua
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nomad001 wrote:
If its a miniatures game, it could be anything from a big production like Flames of War: Tour of Duty down to some local homebrewed rules; most historical minis games are just rules ... the minis/terrain can come from any manufacturer. Most current games don't use hexes but beyond that I have no idea; your description isn't much to go on ...

You might have better luck at a minis site like

http://theminiaturespage.com/

Yeah I know my description is lacking . He gets really excited about it but can't remember the details of the actual game. He saw it a few times briefly and thought it was cool but never gave it much more thought until I started with the games.

I think this might be right I think the terrain and models were custom work and he probably saw someone playing with a specific set of rules more than anything. Which I doubt I will be able to back track but I told him I would try

Thanks for the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.