Space Hulk» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another Overwatch Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Lund
msg tools
mbmb
Hello,
I want to dust of my old Space Hulk and Play the Traitor Mission of the Campaign Book.

But I have a question regarding overwatch with Blind grenades and Flamers.

According to the rules a Marine in Overwatch fires if an enemy takes an Action inside the 12 squares range.

According to White Dwarf 142 page 17 when a blip is converted (because the Genestealer in front of it was blasted to pieces) this is NOT an Action.

The Situation: A marine and a traitor marine are 6 squares apart. Both are on overwatch. Between them is a boardsection containing a Flamer, Blind or Frag Grenade marker from the marines side.

Now the turn of the marines begin.

First you remove the overwatch marker from the marine and the Flamer, Blind or Frag Grenade marker.

Does the traitor fire or not?
As no AP was expended I would say no.

Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that when a blip is revealed you gain a shot on the newly placed figure. However, I would never play that after a marker is removed you gain a shot (if removing a marker caused a blip to be revealed, that would be different).

So no, I would say the traitor does not get to fire.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Overwatch is reliant on AP usage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I've always played that when a blip is revealed you gain a shot on the newly placed figure. However, I would never play that after a marker is removed you gain a shot (if removing a marker caused a blip to be revealed, that would be different).

-shnar

A blip cannot voluntarily be revealed in LOS of a marine,unless it is revealed due to another action.

i.e opening door,figure moving out of way or being killed/removed.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

A blip cannot voluntarily be revealed in LOS of a marine,unless it is revealed due to another action.

i.e opening door,figure moving out of way or being killed/removed.

Mike

Of course, but if that involuntary reveal caused the figure to be placed in an overwatch LOS, the marine fires. I can't remember where this ruling came from (and I may even be confusing it with 3rd Edition). This most often happens if a Genestealer is standing in front of a blip, then charges a marine on Overwatch. He gets killed, the resulting blip is now in LOS and is revealed.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes its in both first and third edition

I not played second edition for years as I feel its not very good,so cant say for sure.

Overwatch the buggers

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.