Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: [POLL] - What is your highest scoring game? BASE & EXPANSION RACES ONLY rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure this will be useful in a couple of ways. One it gives players an idea of what would be a reasonable expectation of achievable scoring. Two, for the fan made races it gives a good idea of where a well played game by their race should end up to avoid overpowering.

Poll
What is the highest score you've had, cross referenced by number of players?
  N/A Less than 20 21-30 31-35 36-40 41-45 46-50 51-60 60+
2 Player
3 Player
4 Player
5 Player
6 Player
7 Player
8 Player
9 Player
      47 answers
Poll created by TGCRequiem

Poll
What is the highest you have scored by race?
  N/A Less than 20 21-30 31-35 36-40 41-45 46-50 51-60 60+
Terran
Planta
Draco
Mechenema
Hydran
Orion Hegemony
Eridani
Rho Indi
Magellan
Exiles
Enlightened of Lyra
      25 answers
Poll created by TGCRequiem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the 70+?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlhammond wrote:
Where is the 70+?

That is just a ridiculous score. Congratulations for getting it. I just figured that anything above 60 is pretty much going to be a small population.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TGCRequiem wrote:
I figure this will be useful in a couple of ways. One it gives players an idea of what would be a reasonable expectation of achievable scoring. Two, for the fan made races it gives a good idea of where a well played game by their race should end up to avoid overpowering.

I don't remember our best scores, but I also think the premise is mistaken. Since the general scoring level varies quite a bit, the high score for a race seems to be a dubious metric for race power. For example, a race that can generate enormous amounts of points if left alone will seem powerful, but that would only represent one situation, and may be easily countered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dulkal wrote:
TGCRequiem wrote:

I don't remember our best scores, but I also think the premise is mistaken. Since the general scoring level varies quite a bit, the high score for a race seems to be a dubious metric for race power. For example, a race that can generate enormous amounts of points if left alone will seem powerful, but that would only represent one situation, and may be easily countered.

Exactly. I'm trying to get a good handle on what a realistic top end score would be so I, and others who are or will make variant/custom races will have a reasonable idea of where the race should max in points. If that number turns out to be say 51-60 then we want to make sure our races don't exceed that, not make that score the average.

Once the poll has a higher response we'll have a better idea on how useful the race data is if any usefulness is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have dozens of games in, I wish I had numbers for you. All I can recall is that the fifties are our highest scores in our group. We have scored that several times.

More commonly, our winning scores are high thirties or low forties, with it being relatively common to see sides resign after a military defeat that cannot be recovered from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Sakul
msg tools
mbmb
everything about 70 is just rediculus
even a score above 60 is very hard to get in a competetive game
assuming you have all players on a same level the average winning score is about 45-50 or slightly above 50 in our games. In this case the average score of all players is higher too. There were many games in which the winning score was about 40.
these high scores mentioned here seem like "lets turtle and build monoliths up "
nothing our playgroup would let you do ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas NORMAND
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Players__NbGames__Avg___Min___Max
4 4 33 12 47
5 3 30 19 44
6 3 26 12 38

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.