Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Acrish
United States
Elmsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars X-Wing is on clearance for $19.95 at Target at City Center, White Plains,NY. They had about 10 copies left when I was there! Get um before the storm hits!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is completely legitimate to form a new thread, since it is a new location, but get ready for the "there are already 4 other threads on this very topic".

I can hear them running over now...

I will never understand their criticism as you are really only trying to save them money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But its applicable to all Targets. (Presumably) every target, that still has this item, has it on clearance - the grand majority of which at the same price (Approx $19.98).

Poll
What's more Valid?
A) Open 1,921 different threads citing the status of whether or not every individual target in the united states still has an inventory of X-Wing's on sale or not
B) Have one thread, that says "Target has X-Wing on clearance [YMMV]" - which there already was - where people feel free to discuss what their experience (Price/Quantity) is - especially if they get a new price - or - you can just call your local target and ask whether or not they have them at stock, and at what price
      65 answers
Poll created by 3wgames

Seriously, theres nothing wrong with trying to help people save money and get the game out, but the logic of starting a new thread for every different location simply isn't there.

X-Wing is on clearance at Target. If you want to know if your specific target has it and at what price, just call them and ask, we don't need thousands of threads to accomplish this and clog the forums up preventing people from finding out about any other deal other than this one game.

Imagine what the people who either don't care about X-Wing, or already have it, must think about the idea of opening a new "Hot Deal" Thread for every unique target location... You claim its trying to help people save money but it does the opposite, because it prevents people being aware of other deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
I will never understand their criticism as you are really only trying to save them money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
Just by knowing that this hot deal exists, regardless of location, means I can call my local Target stores and ask if they have the game and for what price. It's useful to have the local area update, but not that necessary. If someone's already posted for my location but it's buried under dozens of other posts, no worries

And I'm planning on calling tomorrow to see if it's dropped to 70% off yet, in which case I may be planning a trip down to Salt Lake to snag a third copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll ad fuel to the flame for either side... your pick.

My local Targets (plural) do not have this on clearance and I have checked a few times since these threads started popping up.

Listed Price $43.99, not on clearance, not on sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fluhman
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
SpiderCircus wrote:

And I'm planning on calling tomorrow to see if it's dropped to 70% off yet, in which case I may be planning a trip down to Salt Lake to snag a third copy

Salt Lake (downtown location) is still 50% off - just picked up one of the 4 remaining at $19.99 (was still marked at $27.98, but rang up at the lower price).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the community has spoken. I will personally do that no more.

That being said, all information is in the title, so I don't see why people go into a thread they know bothers them. It is really quite simple to skip things.

From my experiences here, at least someone will complain about anything. You could make a thread simply stating you love everyone and wanted to share it, and at least one person out there would chime in with something against it.

Happy gaming all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, everything is not in the title. The title does not mention that the store is Target, and does not mention the price. So the statement that people should ignore the thread if they already saw the Target thread is not valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
I don't see why people go into a thread they know bothers them.

I don't see why people go into a thread, make a "politically charged" statement vilifying percieved behaviors that have not actually happened .

That's a weird way to spread peace and love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Nova
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I like threads about XWing and Target... so please keep them coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:

That's a weird way to spread peace and love.

I'm not perfect, but I'm trying to always improve.

My first comment had a bit of sarcasm behind it (because I posted a Target thread yesterday, and got that response rather quikcly), but I will aknowledge that is hard to pick up via text.

Take care y'all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I have an idea. Why don't we just create a new thread for each Target store. There can't be that many of them.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer a listing of each Target by city and the current inventory of clearance X-Wing boxes.

I wonder if X-WingClearance.com is taken...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
1,916 threads about X-Wing being on sale at Target, left to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i started a new thread accidentally in the x-wing game page. FTW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kfritz wrote:
Joaquinlynne wrote:
It's really bad , i missed that Star Wars X-Wing copies..

[BADLINK] White Plains NY Locksmith[/url]

Hmmmm.. This link triggered a warning about the site being Dangerous by my TrendMicro protection at work.

You should be asking yourself why you are still tempted to click random links to things completely unrelated and unknown to you on the internet that are clearly spam/fishing related.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.