Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to make a single rule change in the 2nd edition. I'm tempted to change the rule that says that France must pay 1 ops when a non-mechanised unit passes (not just enters) a FLN controlled region. Now, this basically never happens, so I might change it into that France must pay as soon as it enters such a region.

This will have the correct effect that France will put more effort into keeping regions just contested. France will also probably wait awhile before bothering going into the FLN-controlled low-value mountain regions.

Any opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say I've "paid to pass thru" in any of the multiple games I've played. But I can see the impact to the French. Will keep them busy trying to pacify / contest areas. And the cost will limit their ability to launch seemingly limitless operations. Points wise, it seems the French always have enough to manage large conventional and counter-insurgency sweeps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be careful before I change any rules. But I'm not pleased with this one. It doesn't really work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stalica
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kanger wrote:
I should be careful before I change any rules. But I'm not pleased with this one. It doesn't really work.

You finally chose not to modify it Kim, may I ask your reasoning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you remove something seemingly insignificant then you might affect the balance more than you think. I realised the rule was there for a reason and I started to perceive possible effects if I removed this rule. There was no time for it and I wanted the system to remain the same as in the 1st edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.