Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
We had four players, all in our first game. We played with the "one fewer gene" rule and I highly recommend it as a way to maximize the value of each gene and also as a way to prevent one "free" gene each time. This emphasizes the need to consider each point bid as the real equivalent of one of those surviving dinosaurs.

We had one parasol and no furs in the first five rounds...statistically unlikely, but it meant a lot fewer surviving dinosaurs each round.

Winning player had two horns, one extra foot, one tail, and a card gene... staying out of bidding that rose as high as four. The tail gene was key as the player typically had fewest dinosaurs and thus went first most of the game. Highest score was 37.

Strategically, I think there is a lot more "planning" around next turn potential temperature change than we considered... sudden shifts (i.e. a one or a card) resulted in major die-offs, perhaps as a result of the lack of parasols and furs.

I believe bidding will become much more intense as players naturally ratchet their bids to a more similar strategy over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.