Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm running multiple games out of the same box; this does add a bit of paperwork and effort into playing/switching gears but generally I don't mindthe work to fun ratio.

The arrival of Hook Mountain created a new problem; how to track/deal with cards removed from the game. I don't mind paperwork but boy...that I is quite a bit of effort.

The solution I've come up with for myself is to simply track the TYPE and AMOUNT of basic cards removed; there is still a bit of work but and sadly first preserve the game exactly, but the amount of bookkeeping it saves feels worth it.

So what are your ideas/solutions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tigger Nicholson
msg tools
Sleeve the cards, then put a small piece of coloured paper in the sleeve.

"Ah, today I'm playing the red game, so I exclude the ones with the red paper..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigger_mk4 wrote:

"Ah, today I'm playing the red game, so I exclude the ones with the red paper..."

Brilliant idea!

Sadly I hate card sleeves but still, wonderful solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many paperwork issues that emerge with multiple games running with different groups and characters.

Indeed Hook Mountain added alot too...

I couldn't stand it at all unfortunatelly, so i came up with an idea:

The box of mine, holds a continuous adventure, with progress being made, and different groups could play together, picking up characters already played.

If they want a new one, the start him with basic gear and skills, but they can join the adventure where the farthest character have made it.

So if i finish Adv 1, the cards with number one , are always inside the stacks, then Adv 2, and then Adv 3. Removed cards are also always removed inside my box, and i only consult them, when i need a basic gear that is removed to build a new character.

Nowm as for new characters that come up to join the course, they can play someday with me, already finished scenarios, to take the rewards.

All these are still mixed up in my mind, but i think it can work.

-One big ongoing adventure
-characters, joining and dying
-they can play oldest scenarios that they haven't played to get rewards
-i only keep track of gear (although at any time, 6 characters are always constructed), and track for the progress in scenarios for each individual character.

I hope it can work!!!!!

keep adventuring!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep the cards removed from the game, removed... regardless of the campaign.

There is no limit on the number of time a team can replay a scenario, so technically one team could replay the first scenario of AP3 until they removed all the basic cards.

So, don't bother too much, if one of your team remove a card, keep it away for the other teams. Won't change squat to the game balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IKerensky wrote:
Won't change squat to the game balance.

Huh? Yes it will. It will make it tougher for everyone. Removing Basic cards removes all the easy ones, leaving you with tough ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
IKerensky wrote:

Huh? Yes it will. It will make it tougher for everyone. Removing Basic cards removes all the easy ones, leaving you with tough ones.

Of course a little extra challenge might not be the worst thing in the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Tigger_mk4 wrote:

Brilliant! I have already sleeved all my cards so this should be a snap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
IKerensky wrote:

Not all that much believe me... just look at how often a card is removed. Frankly no need to bother all that much and you will still have the Gobs from AP1 to lower the average difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.